Paul Finebaum Throwing GT under bus

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
It's time for us to shut up and quietly get about our business of building a real FB team the next couple years.
Question? Does anyone know if CGC has ever had one of his coached defenses where he actually was coach on the field at the time play against a TO team? He was not the coach when we played M.St. in OB, believe he had left and gone to FL.
I've always thought you needed to play in the gaps disruptively to effectively stop a TO team and we were not doing that.
He was head coach when Temple lost to Army and beat Navy in 2017. In 2018 Temple beat Navy.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It's time for us to shut up and quietly get about our business of building a real FB team the next couple years.
Question? Does anyone know if CGC has ever had one of his coached defenses where he actually was coach on the field at the time play against a TO team? He was not the coach when we played M.St. in OB, believe he had left and gone to FL.
I've always thought you needed to play in the gaps disruptively to effectively stop a TO team and we were not doing that.

He beat Army or Navy while at Temple. I forget which now.

See @ibeattetris above for the good info. :D

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Clemson... if they were to lose a game & need to overcome that loss to make playoff... needs UVA to be a top 10 Coastal champ entering ACCCG. Clemson folks need to be HUGE Wahoo fans all year. If UVA gets by ND in 2 weeks... they will have a pretty good shot at that sort of ranking.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
I hate to say it, but I don’t think we are relevant enough right now for many people to even care that we lost to an FCS school. In two weeks people will say who was that team that lost to that little team. By the end of the year only GT and Citadel people will have any memory of it.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
We were on Sports Illustrated’s Losers Of The Week.

We were discussed with the ACC as Losers Of The Week on Bleacher Report.

Scott Van Pelt(who is a Maryland alum) said, when discussing Maryland losing to Temple, “Thank God Geoff Collins’ new squad in Atlanta kept us from being too embarrassed. Yikes.”

We deserved worse, frankly.

Animal02

Banned
We were on Sports Illustrated’s Losers Of The Week.

We were discussed with the ACC as Losers Of The Week on Bleacher Report.

Scott Van Pelt(who is a Maryland alum) said, when discussing Maryland losing to Temple, “Thank God Geoff Collins’ new squad in Atlanta kept us from being too embarrassed. Yikes.”

We deserved worse, frankly.
But but but, no one will remember in a few weeks......except our opponents recruiters who will make hay with it for years.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
We can only hope that this loss is received so bad and the rest of the season tanks too that all of our recruits decommitt. We have to hope that the coaches can not recover and in 5 years the ACC is begging us to drop to FCS level. I mean lets hope we go down so hard that we can't even limp away from this. Then we can say I told you so and this is what we deserve for not keeping CPJ or hiring Monken.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

That bottom stat is astounding considering how bad our offense currently is...
upload_2019-9-17_12-10-36.png

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
We can only hope that this loss is received so bad and the rest of the season tanks too that all of our recruits decommitt. We have to hope that the coaches can not recover and in 5 years the ACC is begging us to drop to FCS level. I mean lets hope we go down so hard that we can't even limp away from this. Then we can say I told you so and this is what we deserve for not keeping CPJ or hiring Monken.
Do you think that would be an unreasonable conclusion to reach were it to happen that way?