Patrick Skov

RussianOffense

Georgia Tech Fan
Quaide may be replacement of Skov next year if Marshall and Skov combination working.

It is good to get Allen back because if Skov or Marshall go down.

What likes what I saw out of Allen before the injury. I hope he returns soon.

Skov looks legit. He's not gonna break away from anyone, but he is tough, real tough. Him and Allen would be akin to Laskey & Days.

Marshall on the other hand adds an entirely different dimension. I see Marshall alright Marshall Faulk. He hits the hole hard but has great vision. He doesn't get hit. That's not just cause the line powered a hole, he had to see it and has the burst to zip thru it before he is touched. That's explosive.

And to think there's more where that is coming from that's getting redshirted.
Skov will be the guy defenses will not want to tackle during a late game death march. Pound, pound, pound, pound. He takes the target off of Justin's back. Then, when defenses crowd the middle to try and stop Skov, boom----outside or quick pass.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Best part about Skov coming here is he came from a "pro-style" system where he barely got to play and carry the rock, to a place where he can be the 1st option on many plays and will get a great chance to show off for the scouts. You think he would have even gotten a sniff by the NFL if he was just a lightly used FB at Stanford? No way. Now, starting BB at GT...he has a legit chance to put his name in the hat and get a shot at the league. Curious, I've always heard our offense is so detrimental to getting to the league.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
You think he would have even gotten a sniff by the NFL if he was just a lightly used FB at Stanford? No way.

Skov would have definitely gotten a chance at the NFL as a FB coming out of Stanford if he was their starter. Jalston Fowler was drafted in the 4th round out of Bama as a FB who only carried the ball 12 times as a senior. And he isn't the only one. 3 FBs were drafted in the last draft. Along with Fowler, Burton out of Rutgers had 1 rushing attempt and was drafted in the 5th and Ripkowski out of OU who had 6 was drafted in the 6th.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Going to be a great 2 headed snake at b-back
I've been waiting a long time to have a 1-2 punch at B-back...it's what we've been needing since CPJ got here. Oh, wait, I just remembered 2014. Never mind.

I agree with you JFUGA, and everyone around me at the game last night was saying the same thing. It was like Skov had them intimidated with his power running, so they decided to stack the line to slow him down, then all of a sudden Marshall hit the hole like a cannon shot and was gone. Teams are going to have to spend extra time preparing for the 2 different styles of Bback runners.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I said this in another thread.

To start a BB must do two things:

- He must reliably get 4 yards on 3rd and 3, and

- He must not fumble the ball.

Now you know why Skov is starting and will probably continue to. Marshall looked great last night, but the talent difference between the two teams was so great - especially on speed - that it is hard to get a reading on just how great he is. Skov, oth, showed what he's got last night and it is a gracious plenty. I don't think anybody will slow him down if he gives similar effort.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
one thing that stood out to me was on one big plays by a freshman AB in the 2nd quarter the first person to reach him was Skov all up in his face congratulating him and hyping him up.

Stands out because there's a big age difference between 18 and 23 in normal settings yet Skov was all about it.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
090415-tech-photo-assign-hs19.jpg