Path to the NCAA Tournament.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Case and point. That’s a must win game if we want to make it. Instead Banks plays a terrible game and our offense again disappears with under five minutes in the game.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
The path to the tourney this year is to hope the NCAA rules on the appeal before the season is out. That way the hope remains to make it next year, because there is no shot this year.

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
GT & the ncaa tourney shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath , I thought we had turned a corner , but we’re 8-9 now , it’ll be hard to make the NIT

Milwaukee

Banned
The path to the tourney this year is to hope the NCAA rules on the appeal before the season is out. That way the hope remains to make it next year, because there is no shot this year.

The whole “wait and see what they decide” this year is bs. It’s essentially giving us 2 yrs punishment in our current situation. If we qualify this year but aren’t eligible we are screwed, but if we don’t qualify this year and somehow oddly are eligible then it rolls over to next year and we’d be automatically ineligible even if we qualified. Am I overthinking this or are we ****ed either way?

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
The whole “wait and see what they decide” this year is bs. It’s essentially giving us 2 yrs punishment in our current situation. If we qualify this year but aren’t eligible we are screwed, but if we don’t qualify this year and somehow oddly are eligible then it rolls over to next year and we’d be automatically ineligible even if we qualified. Am I overthinking this or are we ****ed either way?
I understand what you’re saying but we’re not good enough this year to be there & more than likely won’t be next year anyway

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Correct me if I’m wrong, but anyone on the team can transfer this offseason and play immediately if there is a postseason ban next year (or is it only seniors)?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’m still on board. Season is still long
I have some land available that looks like a favorable investment. It’s rained so much lately, we need to wait a few more days before walking it. It sits adjacent to a detention pond. The tract is nicknamed GTMBB. The only lien on it, is a lawsuit between Bell vs. Pastner. Otherwise, clear title.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
I have some land available that looks like a favorable investment. It’s rain so much lately, we need to wait a few more days before walking it. It sits adjacent to a detention pond. The tract is nicknamed GTMBB. The only lien on it, is a lawsuit between Bell vs. Pastner. Otherwise, clear title.
This honestly kinda made me chuckle

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
This game really hurts. It doesn't close the window, but it does mean we're going to have to steal an extra road win to make up for it.
Apparently you haven’t been watching the same GT Basketball, the rest of us have endured the last 25 years. One conference season of 8-8. This group is 3-4. What makes you think the majority of teams we have to play, will be missing their two best players?

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
This honestly kinda made me chuckle
I was going to mention on the other side of the tract, sits a cemetery. I thought our deal might be as “dead” as the expected crowd for the Morehouse game upcoming, and would “kill” any chance of a deal with you buying. ;)

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Mathematically is it possible? Sure.

Realistically is it possible? Come on now, we all know better.

It was already a long shot when I made this post. That was one of the points of it (pointing out that we could lose no more than 4 to have a realistic shot). Losing the game makes the margin of error that much smaller, but considering pulling off one upset, @UL, would probably land us in a better position than if we won tonight and lost there. You might say it's not realistic that we win on the road there and I would say then you haven't been watching basketball this year. Otherwise, other than UL twice the rest of our schedule is beatable. We could also lose to them, but it's not as if we need to lose 3 or less and we have 2 games against UL, 2 against 2, and one against FSU left.

If you think I'm wrong sure, but realistically which games do you think we have almost no chance of winning? At most I see the two UL games, but otherwise the rest are all winnable and since we have shown that we play probably as well on the road as at home, even the games you would normally think would be more difficult, like @Clemson or @Pitt, are still realistic. Now is it a long shot that we win all, or most, of those games because teams play inconsistently, both us and others. But I don't think it's at the write off the season point yet.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Tony Robins called, he wants to hire you on his “team.”

I see a non-conference win. And we go 5-6 ACC. Final record, 14-16, 8-10 in league play.

Last edited: