Pastner v bell

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Oh, dayumm. @kg01 does that all the time. You DO realize how many burner accounts he has on this forum, right?

View attachment 14434

It is hard to tell dtm and kg apart sometimes.....

Goofing Around Los Angeles Lakers GIF by NBA

flounder

Jolly Good Fellow
It looks like it got moved to the 26th ... maybe? I'm not a lawyer so I'm having a hard time making sense of what's in PACER.

Edit: The prosecuter filed a sentencing memorandum that recommended a minimum of 33 months.

Re-edit: Yep. Moved to the 26th.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It looks like it got moved to the 26th ... maybe? I'm not a lawyer so I'm having a hard time making sense of what's in PACER.

Edit: The prosecuter filed a sentencing memorandum that recommended a minimum of 33 months.

Re-edit: Yep. Moved to the 26th.

cardi b word GIF

Thanks for hacking into the federal apparatus and securing the update.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He’s not young. Mortgages, home, businesses all wrecked for 6-10 years or more for being a fool and an a******

A real 'was it worth it?' moment.

I hear there’s a blue light special at the jail tonight- $5 for 5 mins at the Bell Cell to celebrate the grand opening.
When ol' Ron-boy sees the line wrap 'round the (cell)block ...

regret GIF

flounder

Jolly Good Fellow
The DOJ just put out a press release. No new information, but some good quotes.

“Ronald Bell tried to extort Georgia Tech and ruin the reputation of its basketball coach,” said U.S. Attorney Ryan K. Buchanan. “As federal prosecutors, we have a responsibility to the citizens of this district to pursue accountability and justice for crimes of sexual violence. But in this case Bell attempted to exploit the mission of our office, and law enforcement partners, to combat sexual assault through a brazen effort to enrich himself at the expense of Georgia Tech and a member of its staff. Bell has now been held accountable for his crime.”

“Bell sought to severely damage the reputation of the institution and their coach solely for his own financial gain,” said Keri Farley, Special Agent in Charge of FBI Atlanta. “This sentence proves that the FBI will not tolerate false allegations and will do everything in our power to seek the truth and hold individuals who commit these type of crimes accountable for their selfish actions.”

brandon_cox

Jolly Good Fellow
A couple of quick thoughts: This was a serious flex by the powers that be at Georgia Tech. Getting the US Attorney's office and the FBI to go after that scumbag for crimes committed years ago required some serious string pulling. I especially liked how they framed the narrative that the school was also a victim of Ron and not just Josh. Once the FBI got involved our pal Ron never had a chance.

I made myself a note to follow up in a few weeks and see where he's doing his time. Given his past criminal history, it will be interesting to see where he ends up. Certainly it won't be a maximum security prison, but hopefully it won't be a minimum security one either. I want his time to be hard.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
The sentencing document said they recommended placing him in the appropriate level facility (or words to that effect) as close to Tempe as possible

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m happy Pastner’s complete vindication ends with Bell in prison. I’d buy Josh a beer but he wouldn’t drink it.