Pastner on a Podcast

tigerrrrs

Banned
As soon as things are not going his way, he will start blaming the players, fans, and students. Believe me, I had to listen to his mess for the last 6 years.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
As soon as things are not going his way, he will start blaming the players, fans, and students. Believe me, I had to listen to his mess for the last 6 years.
We all grow on our own timeline and the timeline is affected by both positive and negative stimuli. Obviously, Memphis was a negative stimulus for Coach Pastner. It remains to be seen which Tech. is, but hopefully it is positive.

Dave.S

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for posting this. Liked what CJP had to say re: the importance of guard play.

Amen, music to my ears, we haven't had athletic guards that can finish at the rim or take guys off the dribble in years. I think TJ has the ability but he needs to cut down on the turnovers so he can get more playing time.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Amen, music to my ears, we haven't had athletic guards that can finish at the rim or take guys off the dribble in years. I think TJ has the ability but he needs to cut down on the turnovers so he can get more playing time.

TJ isn't a good acronym to use on this team.

BeeRBee

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm surprised that getting these guys from 20 years ago to finish somehow helps the APR
On the one hand, it makes a lot so sense to provide an incentive for schools to encourage S-As to come back and graduate. After all, the idea behind the APR is to encourage the conditions which correlate with graduation.

On the other hand, it could obscure the current team academic performance by offsetting a current loss of an APR point with a delayed graduation point.

It is interesting that an S-A who left school before the APR was created can still earn the delayed graduation point, but again it's all about incentives.

I'm sure that GT and Coach Gregory have encouraged this as well. Pretty sure GT has had a program providing financial assistance to S-As coming back for a while.