Pastner Closer to Hiring Assistants

slugboy

Staff member
If you're on a golf course playing with Charles Barkley most likely you're not much of a golfer. Well, at least Barkley isn't much of a golfer.
Like running from a bear, you just have to be faster than the other guy, or golf better than Sir Charles.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Looks like Tech hired an Atlanta guy as its next assistant - Anthony Wilkins. Coached at Tulane for the past four seasons.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
My sources tell me CPast will be officially nam ... {sees @Peacone36 post} ... dang ...uh, congrats to CJS. :whistle:

So does this mean we now have to hire an admin guy? This is like a bizarre domino stack falling ... really slowly.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yes, it means we now will hire someone to take Julian's old role, I suspect they are already doing that.

Not sure why we didn't announce Swartz and Wilkins together, maybe wanted to give each their own day in the sun?
No surprise that Swartz was promoted full time.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Not sure why we didn't announce Swartz and Wilkins together, maybe wanted to give each their own day in the sun?

If I had to guess we had more than one offer out and once we hooked Wilkins we basically went to the other and said "now or never" knowing the answer was probably no and that we'd go with Swartz. Just speculation though.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
All positions were set almost two weeks ago (including replacements), I've been told all hold ups are just due to HR things. Everyone has been working in their new roles since the beginning of last week.

GT has the slowest HR process...at least of seems like it New DC Nate Woody's announcement was held up a bit because of it even though it was known for about a month.