Parking for the GT vs Tennessee game

The only thing that I would say to not having on campus parking with a shuttle is that the CFA people forbid it in an effort to drive everyone to the lots and activities near the dome.

If the GTAA is skipping the opportunity of their own choice, Stansbury needs to learn to think tactically as well as strategically.
If the CFA people allow MARTA transportation, then why should they care if Tech provides transportation too?

furant

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks. I use Parking Panda all the time. If you guys want to use my invitation code (glirym) to sign up you'll get $5 credit. (full disclosure, so will I) :)

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow

Thanks for the info stech81 and furant. I guess procrastinating didn't help because the price is $30 now for the gulch ($25 with furant's invitation code). I'm sure it will be more expensive than that on gameday anyway, so it's nice to have the pass locked up. The site had the game listed as a 1 pm game, with the parking hours being 11 am - 2 hours past the event. With it being an 8 pm game, does anyone know when the lot opens? Hopefully it's an all day type pass and they aren't very strict.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the info stech81 and furant. I guess procrastinating didn't help because the price is $30 now for the gulch ($25 with furant's invitation code). I'm sure it will be more expensive than that on gameday anyway, so it's nice to have the pass locked up. The site had the game listed as a 1 pm game, with the parking hours being 11 am - 2 hours past the event. With it being an 8 pm game, does anyone know when the lot opens? Hopefully it's an all day type pass and they aren't very strict.
Guess I was lucky to get it early. The one I got and printed out has EVENT - Georgia Tech vs Tennessee from Sept 4 2017 after 6:00 am till Sept 5 6:00 am. So by this I would say it will be open early. Hope this helps if not call them.

Buzz4President

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I saw this on another site and I thought I would share.

Parking at Georgia Tech
Georgia Tech Parking & Transportation Services will offer a limited number of parking spots available in W21 surface lot at the corner of Ferst Drive & State Street. Tailgating will be allowed in this lot. Spaces are $30 and will be sold online only on a first come, first served basis.

A free shuttle will be available to transport fans to/from the game beginning at 5:00 p.m. and ending one (1) hour after the game ends. Drop off & pick up locations will be announced soon.

Campus parking will go on sale tomorrow, July 14 by 10:00 a.m. ET

https://gatech.clickandpark.com/event

Chris Freeman

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone have any detailed information regarding the Gameday Shuttle(s) that are running between the W21 parking lot on campus to Mercedes Benz Stadium? What type of shuttle, how many, how often, etc.
Thanks in advance...

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone have any detailed information regarding the Gameday Shuttle(s) that are running between the W21 parking lot on campus to Mercedes Benz Stadium? What type of shuttle, how many, how often, etc.
Thanks in advance...

Parking at Georgia Tech
Georgia Tech Parking & Transportation Services will offer a limited number of parking spots available in W21 surface lot at the corner of Ferst Drive & State Street. Tailgating will be allowed in this lot. Spaces are $30 and will be sold online only on a first come, first served basis.

A free shuttle will be available to transport fans to/from the game beginning at 5:00 p.m.and ending one (1) hour after the game ends. Drop off & pick up locations will be announced soon.

Campus parking will go on sale tomorrow, July 14 by 10:00 a.m. ET.

Click Here to Buy Georgia Tech Campus Parking

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
NFL stadium, remember to leave your pocket knives in the car or at home...they won't let you in with them for sure. If you are parking and walking a distance...keep your head on a swivel. Gonna be good fishing grounds for robbers...hopefully will have good police presence in the area. Usually just the immediate area gets strong coverage from off duty police jobs.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Did anyone else get their Parking Panda $5 The Gulch parking refunded on July 23rd?

I was checking my statement and noticed a credit. Went to their site and my "receipt" now shows "Reservation has been refunded and voided"

Their website shows parking still available for $30 at the same location.

WTF??

And of course the W21 lot has sold out on campus. :banghead:

I will have to check my spam filter, but I did not even see an email from them about this. What was their plan, sell a bunch of fake $5 vouchers and deny entry on game day unless you paid $30 (or more)??

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
UPDATE: I contacted Parking Panda and was initially told that the vendor voided the pass due to not being the correct price. The CSR then offerd to reinstate my pass for the $30 it is currently listed for on PP's website.

So after I acused PP of fraud, the CSR talked to a supervisor and reinstated the pass without the extra charge saying that she was confused and my pass was voided because someone thought I was buying it to resell.

I checked with my daughter who also got one of these back in April and her's was not cancelled.

I want to note that my only transaction with PP is this one, I have never sold a parking pass to anyone ever. If you have one of these $5 Gulch passes, my advice is to check your PP account or your credit card statement for the refund to ensure you don't get screwed on gameday.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Wonder why they only made that one lot available on campus. Why not all the other lots too, since some of us paid for a season parking pass?
W21 is the largest lot on campus that is assigned exclusively to faculty/staff and commuter student parking. Speaking from experience as someone with an annual pass for W21, I can assure you that it is virtually empty on holidays. I'm guessing that GT did the math, and figured that lot would accommodate the greatest number of cars on Labor Day.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
UPDATE: I contacted Parking Panda and was initially told that the vendor voided the pass due to not being the correct price. The CSR then offerd to reinstate my pass for the $30 it is currently listed for on PP's website.

So after I acused PP of fraud, the CSR talked to a supervisor and reinstated the pass without the extra charge saying that she was confused and my pass was voided because someone thought I was buying it to resell.

I checked with my daughter who also got one of these back in April and her's was not cancelled.

I want to note that my only transaction with PP is this one, I have never sold a parking pass to anyone ever. If you have one of these $5 Gulch passes, my advice is to check your PP account or your credit card statement for the refund to ensure you don't get screwed on gameday.
thanks but I did not get an E-mail check a few weeks ago and was told it was ok . Guess I can check again.

Update : just got off the phone to check and I'm still go she said . Thanks and I guess it is good to check.

Last edited:
W21 is the largest lot on campus that is assigned exclusively to faculty/staff and commuter student parking. Speaking from experience as someone with an annual pass for W21, I can assure you that it is virtually empty on holidays. I'm guessing that GT did the math, and figured that lot would accommodate the greatest number of cars on Labor Day.
I don't understand why parking for this game wasn't included in the season parking pass. I just chatted with someone from Tech online, and she said they don't have any answers as to whether other lots will be opened or not. Seems to me like a no-brainer, although I wonder about the shuttle accessibility. Will there be enough shuttles running at the right times to take care of everyone? Hell, it the city of Dublin, Ireland could do it last year, why can't Tech do it? I may just end up parking in whatever Marta lot is closest to I20 east and riding Marta to and from the game.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I just checked my account with Parking Panda and don't see where I had any emails from them to contrary so I guess I'm good to go!

Same here.

Fwiw, the guy who got the voided/refunded apparently didn't get an e-mail either (emphasis added):

Did anyone else get their Parking Panda $5 The Gulch parking refunded on July 23rd?

I was checking my statement and noticed a credit. Went to their site and my "receipt" now shows "Reservation has been refunded and voided"

Their website shows parking still available for $30 at the same location.

WTF??

And of course the W21 lot has sold out on campus. :banghead:

I will have to check my spam filter, but I did not even see an email from them about this. What was their plan, sell a bunch of fake $5 vouchers and deny entry on game day unless you paid $30 (or more)??

y'all might want to check your "receipt" on their site (whatever that means) like he did.