Parker Braun All-Bowl Offensive Tackle

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Technically, he's already an All-American! (Freshmen ESPN All-American)

I think he'll be All ACC next year, barring injuries (*knock on wood*). He's already got the media momentum that those voters rely on to see who they should look for...plus, he's backing it up with his onfield play.
I see what you are saying but freshman all American doesn't always translate to all American or even all acc player later in someone's career.

LibertyTurns

Banned
What more do you need to do to be All American? He folded that UK lineman over like a cheap tent and snapped his twig of a leg at the knee knot, a most impressive display of strength and technique. I won't be surprised if nobody lines up near him and he's relegated to running around finding some poor defesive player to hit next year.

CPJ has the OL loaded, just needs to add bullets to the gun every year from now on so his magazine is never empty. Next 10 years could be an exciting time on The Flats. Get your tickets early because the GT steamroller is about to leave the station!

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I think one thing that goes unnoticed about the success of our frosh on the o-line is how well they fit what we do. And our coaches do a great job of finding guys that will flourish in our system. Kenny Cooper may be a guy that plays like a 2* at tackle in another system, but he's a 5* center for us. Jahaziel Lee may be a 3* rotational DE, but he's a starting left tackle for us. CPJ and company do a great job of putting guys in positions where they are at their best for what we do.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Braun is the best freshman lineman, we've had since I can remember. I'm glad he chose GT and I'm sure he's glad he did as well. Our Oline next year may be the key to what helps our next QB have a special year as a first year starter as the 2014 OL did for JT.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Braun is the best freshman lineman, we've had since I can remember. I'm glad he chose GT and I'm sure he's glad he did as well. Our Oline next year may be the key to what helps our next QB have a special year as a first year starter as the 2014 ok did for JT.

Shaq Mason says hello ;)

2011 (True Freshman): Played in 11 games and started Hyundai Sun Bowl when All-American Omoregie Uzzi sat out with injury ... ESPN.com named him to ACC All-Bowl Team ... Helped Georgia Tech lead ACC in rushing offense, total offense, scoring offense, fewest sacks allowed and third-down conversion percentage.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Braun is the best freshman lineman, we've had since I can remember. I'm glad he chose GT and I'm sure he's glad he did as well. Our Oline next year may be the key to what helps our next QB have a special year as a first year starter as the 2014 OL did for JT.
I would give credit to the WR's AB's and b backs in 2014 over the O line CPJ himself said the OL wasn't that great, and I think it showed in 2015 after all the skilled guys were gone. I do think our O line is very good now though and they can help the next QB out in a big way.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I would give credit to the WR's AB's and b backs in 2014 over the O line CPJ himself said the OL wasn't that great, and I think it showed in 2015 after all the skilled guys were gone. I do think our O line is very good now though and they can help the next QB out in a big way.
We have a better backfield returning next year than we did in 14 and a better OL so we'll see.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Shaq Mason says hello ;)

2011 (True Freshman): Played in 11 games and started Hyundai Sun Bowl when All-American Omoregie Uzzi sat out with injury ... ESPN.com named him to ACC All-Bowl Team ... Helped Georgia Tech lead ACC in rushing offense, total offense, scoring offense, fewest sacks allowed and third-down conversion percentage.
I would say Braun at least rivals what Shaq did as a freshman. Shaq is amazing but I believe Braun has a higher ceiling.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I see what you are saying but freshman all American doesn't always translate to all American or even all acc player later in someone's career.

Very true statement. I can't overstate how excited I am about the young beasts we have on the Oline though. In the near future the All Conference 1st Team might just end up with two or more Tech Oline on it. Our whole starting O line might be listed on both 1st and 2nd Teams. Or deserve it at least. May sound crazy to some but I'm serious as a heart attack. We have some beastly young studs manning the trenches on O.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Players usually improve the most from year one to year two. Just saying. OL is the single biggest predictor to cfb success. Bodes well.

Beehive

Banned
Very true statement. I can't overstate how excited I am about the young beasts we have on the Oline though. In the near future the All Conference 1st Team might just end up with two or more Tech Oline on it. Our whole starting O line might be listed on both 1st and 2nd Teams. Or deserve it at least. May sound crazy to some but I'm serious as a heart attack. We have some beastly young studs manning the trenches on O.
Totally agree this will be one offense to take seriously!!!!

ATLGT14

Georgia Tech Fan
Players usually improve the most from year one to year two. Just saying. OL is the single biggest predictor to cfb success. Bodes well.

This is what really excites me about Will. As a FR he started at T, then moved to G as a SO, so this year was almost another FR year for him. 2017 will be year 2 for him at G. After rewatching what he did to the LB in the gap on the 4th and short from our 16, I saw shades of Shaq....

yellowjacketfan1990

Georgia Tech Fan
This is what really excites me about Will. As a FR he started at T, then moved to G as a SO, so this year was almost another FR year for him. 2017 will be year 2 for him at G. After rewatching what he did to the LB in the gap on the 4th and short from our 16, I saw shades of Shaq....

He had a really strong fall season. Cannot wait to see what is in store for him next fall!