Pair a bourbon to toast to 2020 signing class?

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Stop being a twitter edge lord. It's not impressive. We are Jackets, we drink our whiskey and this post belongs here.

With that being said, Ive heard Pappy is just an expensive Buffalo Trace. I'd say a solid choice would be Bulleit Rye. Cant ever go wrong with Bulleit bourbons

I really enjoy both Bulleit bourbons. Buffalo Trace is definitely a regular buy. If I come upon Blantons or Weller, I pick those up too.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
I’ll tell you it had me really concerned, extremely concerned. CGC delivered a really solid class here in spite of that. His strategy was a huge gamble but it paid off. He erased a big fat ? mark for me. If he can bolster his staff a bit, well I can start dreaming again.

Edit: changed we to I. Many of you were way ahead of me.

your edit was kind of you. ty. for me the positivity is so what we needed. we just didnt have that going for us as a fan base since oleary. i loved cpj especially his stance on academics. he doesnt get anywhere near the credit HE SHOULD after gailey's damage. but given his issues with recruiting we were never going to be much more than we were. as many have said. they were on to his offense. ty paul for what you did.

what we needed is exactly what we got imo. my only concern is that he acts the part of a ceo much like dabo does. he hires great coaches and lets them coach. lets hope that cgc doesnt do a sewak on us and keep a weak link. given the way we are handling the players transferring out of the program who are not fits gives me confidence in what he is doing. i do think he will do right things right.

im excited for our program.

LibertyTurns

Banned
your edit was kind of you. ty. for me the positivity is so what we needed. we just didnt have that going for us as a fan base since oleary.
I just hope the animosity goes away. Some on here want to pick sides instead of discussion the situation straight up. Why some felt a need to diminish or denigrate our program when we had success is beyond me?

Make sure you pop a few ibuprofen before you start lol
I won’t know what’s making my head pound in the morning anyway, work or the bourbon. I do have about 40 other bottles of bourbon to choose from so I hope not many more ring the bell!

Techfiend

Georgia Tech Fan
At minimum you own it. #salute to you for that.

The man put together a top 25 class in his first year with a 3-9 record. I’m pretty sure he can recruit.

That top 25 class also does not account for transfers, which we've also made a strong push for.

LibertyTurns

Banned
At minimum you own it. #salute to you for that.

The man put together a top 25 class in his first year with a 3-9 record. I’m pretty sure he can recruit.
Like I did earlier, the man eliminated a huge ? mark for me. He’s got some results now to back up the talk, so I can stop talking about the lack of results.

If I could talk to him I’d tell him to not make the mistake many others have made. If it looks like a duck.... it’s a duck. Get rid of the duck. It may be the only thing standing between him and a bronze statue outside the Edge.

Sidewalking

Banned
Strong class rank. Top 4 in conference, beating out FSU. If not a one off it should bode well for future success. Helps alleviate, but not remove, many concerns for a pretty terrible year last year. Lets hope results on the field follow recruiting results thus far.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Strong class rank. Top 4 in conference, beating out FSU. If not a one off it should bode well for future success. Helps alleviate, but not remove, many concerns for a pretty terrible year last year. Lets hope results on the field follow recruiting results thus far.
I think Coach Collins and his coaching staff will deliver #15-#25 recruiting classes yearly:):cool::D:smuggrin:

jepherson

Georgia Tech Fan
This isn't quite a Pappy kind of class, but it's definitely not a Jim Beam kind of class (sorry! lol)

I'd go with a Bulleit 10yr, a Weller 12, or an Angel's Envy Rye.

But of course, I don't have any of those bottles in my cabinet. So I'll actually be drinking Elijah Craig small batch. :)

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Where are all those crying negative nannies at?
I am still mostly a skeptic. Not on his ability to recruit though.
I also did not want to throw any negativity during a fun time on the board. I really want the fractured fan base healed. But since you were actively looking for "negativity".

My concerns are still there and valid
1. Can we keep the kids in school?
2. Can P-nut figure out the best way to use the talent he has and gets?
3. Can CGC be a good in game coach?
4. Can CGC quickly recognize when a coach needs to go and hire better?

None of these will be determined for a while. I just hope we dont have a case of coaches who cant coach the quality kids they recruit. ie no wasted high quality classes.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey pairs well. (I hate bourbon due to a poisoning event in my childhood.)

You forgot none of them will actually sign because we went 3-9. :p

Agree, just amazing after the season we had that Collins & Co could do this.

Just wait when your minds are blown and the next class is equal to or better than this one.

#rebuild

If we go 6-6 next year, shouldn't we expect next year's class have twice the 4/5 stars?