Overall ACC Finish

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

I am so proud of this team, everybody, coaches and players alike. Seasons like this are wonderful success stories that can be built upon. Obviously there was a ton of adversity. Whenever I see groups fighting together through adversity I get goosebumps. I would rather have won the games that we could have and been sitting here with a much better record, but I am still proud as can be. When I left after the Duke game, I was as discouraged as I could remember in a long time and really wondered where we were as a team. Time to take it to another level in a few days.

Well said. The country is full of high talent factory-like schools who had a hard start and then all but packed in the season and gave up. FSU, Louisville, UCLA, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Miami, Virginia Tech, Oregon...look at where they were ranked early in the season. Had our guys listened to social media and assumed the season was over, they never would have gotten where they are now. We can finish no worse than 4th after having been picked 11th in the preseason (and could even finish 3rd). F the social media monsters and F the media. I wouldn’t trade our guys for anybody...even if we were 2-9 right now like some on this very site had predicted.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Where we finish is part of the bowl equation, but bowls also look at which team will bring them the most ticket sales, merchandise sales, etc. GT, with its passionate, but small fanbase, sometimes gets skipped over. I am hoping that the Music City will be interested in us, as for me, that is a great location.

I’m pretty sure I would travel to that game, regardless of opponent. If it’s against Auburn, you can count me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
It’s a stretch to say this has been an amazing season. An amazing turn around into a decent season certainly but the season as a whole has still been a bit disappointing *so far*. Beat uga then we can revisit this discussion.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Keep in mind some of the “money teams” may not be bowling. These are FSU, LV, UNC, and VT.

Miami will be desirable. Duke may be desirable for Belk due to location, but NC State is more desirable to Belk with location and more fans.

Duke, BC, GT, and Syracuse are going to be waving hands for a pick.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Keep in mind some of the “money teams” may not be bowling. These are FSU, LV, UNC, and VT.

Miami will be desirable. Duke may be desirable for Belk due to location, but NC State is more desirable to Belk with location and more fans.

Duke, BC, GT, and Syracuse are going to be waving hands for a pick.
Our hand goes up very high with a win on Saturday.
An embarrassing loss and asxcoach says " it is what it is" = will take it.

Milwaukee

Banned
Well said. The country is full of high talent factory-like schools who had a hard start and then all but packed in the season and gave up. FSU, Louisville, UCLA, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Miami, Virginia Tech, Oregon...look at where they were ranked early in the season. Had our guys listened to social media and assumed the season was over, they never would have gotten where they are now. We can finish no worse than 4th after having been picked 11th in the preseason (and could even finish 3rd). F the social media monsters and F the media. I wouldn’t trade our guys for anybody...even if we were 2-9 right now like some on this very site had predicted.

Why in the hell would our players quit or fold up because someone was being a meanie on social media? I think some of us think this internet has more impact than it actually does. We're just typing on our keyboards, most players and their parents know that and don't read too much into it. If we have players giving up because fans were pouting about a 1-3 start then what would that say about that player?

Not singling you out, I've seen this referenced now a few times this week by multiple people. Just try to keep some perspective fellas. It's the internet.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Why in the hell would our players quit or fold up because someone was being a meanie on social media? I think some of us think this internet has more impact than it actually does. We're just typing on our keyboards, most players and their parents know that and don't read too much into it. If we have players giving up because fans were pouting about a 1-3 start then what would that say about that player?

Not singling you out, I've seen this referenced now a few times this week by multiple people. Just try to keep some perspective fellas. It's the internet.
Maybe because the players and coaches keep saying it.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Looking at this long term big picture perspective, with Virginia Tech in apparent decline you gotta like our chances for a few Coastal Division titles in the near future! Miami falling flat helps too, and sorry no I’m not buying Pitt or Virginia.
That’s if we stay the course, and CPJ probably can’t withstand a down season with 6+ losses anymore

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

I dunno - why do you think those teams folded up? I don’t think it was because of the internet solely. But I do think it hurts our team and reputation when we trash them and post vile negative things about them in public pages like GT, GT Sports, and the players’ own pages.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Looking at this long term big picture perspective, with Virginia Tech in apparent decline you gotta like our chances for a few Coastal Division titles in the near future! Miami falling flat helps too, and sorry no I’m not buying Pitt or Virginia.
That’s if we stay the course, and CPJ probably can’t withstand a down season with 6+ losses anymore

The key for virginie in the future is can bronco put together a stronger offense. He has done that with the defense. They could very well be a real threat. Especially if Vippisue is on a down swing. Then virginie can pull in some more of the local talent. They have some good talent in that state.

Pitt? Yea I am not buying them either. Need to see more than one season like that.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The key for virginie in the future is can bronco put together a stronger offense. He has done that with the defense. They could very well be a real threat. Especially if Vippisue is on a down swing. Then virginie can pull in some more of the local talent. They have some good talent in that state.
Bronco is running the same offense at Virginia that he did at BYU and it all rides on a QB who can run.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
With today's results we finished 2nd in the Coastal and tied for 4th overall in the ACC.

1. Clemson (8-0)
2. Pittsburgh (6-2)
2. Syracuse (6-2)
4. Georgia Tech (5-3)
4. NC State (5-3)
6. Virginia (4-4)
6. Miami (4-4)
6. Virginia Tech (4-4)
6. Boston College (4-4)
10. Duke (3-5)
10. Florida State (3-5)
10. Wake Forest (3-5)
13. North Carolina (1-7)
14. Louisville (0-8)

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
With today's results we finished 2nd in the Coastal and tied for 4th overall in the ACC.

1. Clemson (8-0)
2. Pittsburgh (6-2)
2. Syracuse (6-2)
4. Georgia Tech (5-3)
4. NC State (5-3)
6. Virginia (4-4)
6. Miami (4-4)
6. Virginia Tech (4-4)
6. Boston College (4-4)
10. Duke (3-5)
10. Florida State (3-5)
10. Wake Forest (3-5)
13. North Carolina (1-7)
14. Louisville (0-8)
would love to have 2 of those 3 losses back but I'm sure everyone not 8-0 would love their losses back.