Overachievers

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
It wasn't too long ago when the Coastal crown went through one of the two Techs every year.
True and it would be nice to shove Miami aside and resume that tradition. Do most experts think that the Coastal is better than the Atlantic or is it the other way around. Seems to me that with FSU and Clemson at the top of the Atlantic it might be considered better but the Coastal may have more top to bottom depth with Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Duke, and Virginia being a little bit better than the Atlantic's second tier.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
CPJ has had something like 8 recruiting classes under #50.

Have we had even one approaching the mythical 2007 class? But no doubt, the recruiting is getting better. It just takes most coaches a good while to adjust to Tech's recruiting challenges which can be formidable but manageable with the right approach.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
True and it would be nice to shove Miami aside and resume that tradition. Do most experts think that the Coastal is better than the Atlantic or is it the other way around. Seems to me that with FSU and Clemson at the top of the Atlantic it might be considered better but the Coastal may have more top to bottom depth with Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Duke, and Virginia being a little bit better than the Atlantic's second tier.
The Atlantic will always be viewed as superior as long as Clemson and FSU are performing as they should. Those two are full member factory programs. The only one in that club in the Coastal is Miami.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
That may have been someone else saying Duke won with inferior talent. I would guess their talent is pretty close to ours right now. No matter, we really need to beat them this year. I watched a you tube of their game with Army last year the week before they played us and you would not have thought it was the same team. Duke was bumbling around with a blocked punt, penalties, missed assignments, dropped passes you name it and they fooled around long enough so that Army beat them. But by George, the very next week they were a different team against us. Funny how that works sometimes.