Over / Under that GT gets 100 yards + rushing next week vs Clemson?

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I guess your kidding, but I will tell you exactly how. The same way they defended us the last two years. They will take away the dive with their DL

Not kidding at all.

I completely agree with your post except that means they will need to line up across from Shamire (Wake + Miami did not).

/

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Friends, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

No.

Atomic has the spread at +10.

I don't think we get over 100 yards rushing unless we lose by more than 28, in which case we'll have more drives and Clemson will prevent D more. Clemson will be able to prevent the dive from being effective without fully committing the MLB. That flowing MLB will also allow for stopping the lateral game along with their speed. Scheme can't overcome physical superiority.

Of course we can win, just will need turnovers. We won't bludgeon Clemson up the middle. I really wish we had DM who could bludgeon better. But we don't.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
For those saying we aren't as good this year, on offense we're 372 ypg rushing this year. Last year it was 256. I know games against Clemson, VT and UGAg will lower that average, but I don't know what you guys are watching. We are noticeably as well as measureably better on offense and defense this year. ST is worse, but the main thing is we're playing a muderer's row schedule this year.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Clemson usually usually goes for knockout punch in first quarter and tries to ambush teams early in Big night games in DV.

They sure do. Our guys will need to be ready to withstand the first volley, regroup and push back. It's not going to be easy. If we can keep the ball away from them and special teams does not put us in a bad position we might have a chance.

slugboy

Staff member
Who is back off the injury list next week for us? Might make a huge difference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigJacket

Banned
They sure do. Our guys will need to be ready to withstand the first volley, regroup and push back. It's not going to be easy. If we can keep the ball away from them and special teams does not put us in a bad position we might have a chance.

That's my biggest concern, trying to keep it close within first 7-8 minutes in first quarter. Clemson is so good at getting up 14-0 in first quarter in big games before the other team even knows what hit them. If we can some how not be bamboozled by the raucous crowd in first quarter and can hit the ground running then we have a chance.

My fear is we're down 14-0 before the team settles down and we're pretty much already knocked out baring a miracle comeback. TQM is a special player and is a Cool Hand Luke, will be interesting to see how he handles the spot light along with our OL

Last edited:

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
I guess your kidding, but I will tell you exactly how. The same way they defended us the last two years. They will take away the dive with their DL, all four Clemson starters will be early round picks in NFL draft.

The only chance is to gash them passing the ball and we only seem to have one WR that can make big plays. TQM is going to have to have his best passing game and A backs are going to have to be excellent receivers in this game to keep it close

Passing the ball will be extremely difficult with those same D-lineman chasing Taquon the moment the ball is snapped. I feel like everyone is crazy thinking we have a chance in this game. Did y'all not just watch us struggle to block WAKE FOREST'S defensive ends?

I was hoping we'd have a better offensive line, but I don't see any of them doing well blocking Clemson's d-line 1 v 1. The only teams we've blocked well up front have a combined record of 8-14. I would love to see us win. But, c'mon.

Our O v their D: advantage Clemson

On defense, whether it's Bryant or a backup, we will struggle mightily getting any pressure on the QB. We have one decent pass rushing D lineman. With our LBer situation, we have and will struggle in run stopping.

Our D v their O: advantage Clemson

Special teams. Lol. Maybe our punter has a better leg? Maybe? We have a bad place kicking, bad kickoffs, bad kick returns, mediocre punt returns, bad kick and punt coverage.

Advantage Clemson.

I know you play the games on the field and not on paper. But certainly everyone can see that on paper, this looks like a blood bath.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
On offense we really miss having a true deep threat at WR. We need someone with some speed to take the top off a defense. We also need more than 5 OL. This game will take us winning TOP, the turnover battle by 2-3, and some big plays in the passing game for us to win. I don't think it will happen. I'm more upset that we lost to Tenn and Miami, because we should beat everyone on the schedule besides UGA, VT (could win), and Clemson, but losing those two put us behind the chains.

Deleted member 2897

I was at that awful, rainy 2015 game. Yea, we had 71 yards rushing, but that doesn't tell the whole story.

Matthew Jordan came in late when the game was out of reach, to keep Justin Thomas from getting banged around any further. Matthew Jordan ran for 14 yards.

Chase Alford ran for 9 yards on a successful fake punt.

So technically, we had 48 yards of rushing.

Blast from the past - TaQuon Marshall had 1 rush for -6 yards that day.

Jmonty71

Banned
I think we will end up over. Near 150 yards or so. But, we'll need the pass the ball, to even have a chance against Clemson.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If we can get 10+ points on 2 of our 3 first possessions we can hang with them. I said the exact same thing be Miami and we got 14 on 2/3. Unfortunately we know how that ended but we had it won. Do the same Saturday and I think we will be alright.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I see two things happening. 1. we struggle to get moving and they keep us to about 100 yards. 2. we start moving it on them and they get a little tired and we start moving it well end of Q2 and all of Q4 and we end up closer to 300 yards rushing. The key to this is more stops by our Defense allowing our Offense more opportunities to find its rhythm and what is working and start to soften up Clemson's D. I think we end up closer to 300 than 100.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Taquon Marshal = +100 yards rushing alone !!
Not quite apples-to-apples, the Carrier Dome on a Friday night to Death Valley at Prime Time on a Saturday night ... but if Syracuse can play with Clemson, so can we.

BigJacket

Banned
It will be a minimum of GT +14.
It’s a Night game in DV and Clemson coming off a bye while stewing over a bad loss. They will be looking to make a statement on National TV to get back in CFP race. We haven’t had over 200 yards total offense against them last two years. Line will be Big

Looks like I was pretty close to getting the line, might go down a good bit if Bryant isn't a full go.