Over / Under that GT gets 100 yards + rushing next week vs Clemson?

BigJacket

Banned
What say you? Last two years vs Clempson we have not been able to get over 100 yards rushing total in either game.

2015 we had 71 rushing yards
2016 we had 95 rushing yards

Do you think we will eclipse 100 yard rushig mark this year with Clemson coming off a bye and probably best DL they’ve had under Venables? I think TQM might be able to get us over that hump with a couple long runs.

CPJ going to have to be seriously creative for us to find a way to move the ball against that DL. The key will be our passing attack, it’s how PItt and Cuse beat them. The Dive will not work against CU, hope CPJ doesn’t get stubborn with that again.

Can’t wait to see what CPJ can come up with!

I think we get in the 125 -150 yard range for rushing yards. Some how, some way we prob need about 200 yards passing or win turnover battle by +2 or +3 to have a shot.

I’m guessing the line will be around
Clemson at -18 And game will be on ABC

Last edited:

BigJacket

Banned
+18 as the line???

It'll be +9

It will be a minimum of GT +14.
It’s a Night game in DV and Clemson coming off a bye while stewing over a bad loss. They will be looking to make a statement on National TV to get back in CFP race. We haven’t had over 200 yards total offense against them last two years. Line will be Big

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know. I haven't been impressed with this year's offensive line. And we don't have any depth there.

If we break 100 yards rushing and 200 yards total offense I'll be surprised. Venables has just owned PJ, and even if he hadn't their demonstrably superior athleticism would cancel all theories anyway.

Especially with our atrocious special teams? Before the season started I wrote this game off as us scoring 10-13 points and mostly in late garbage time, and losing by 3 TDs. They just have too many athletes and too much depth.

GoldenTornado

Georgia Tech Fan
The last two seasons were our two poorest rushing teams under PJ, by pretty big margins. They were especially bad early in the season, when we played Clemson. This one seems a good bit better to me.

Venables has been there since 2012, and his strongest defense was in 2014. It's true we've been shut down running the ball the last two years and before that we were typically held below our averages. That said, the only time he's completely shut us down on offense was 2016.

I'm still not very optimistic about our chances to beat Clemson, but I think we'll run the ball better and be more effective on offense this year.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I am worried about this game. They have by far the best defense we will see this year. They lost and then had 2 weeks to think about it. And they are all fresh from having saturday off. A night home game for them. The cards are stacked against us.

BigJacket

Banned
I am worried about this game. They have by far the best defense we will see this year. They lost and then had 2 weeks to think about it. And they are all fresh from having saturday off. A night home game for them. The cards are stacked against us.

Yep, everything is stacked against us in this one, kind of the opposite of UM game when we had everything stacked in our favor.
Honestly, I'm hoping we can still be in the ballgame by halftime. Clemson usually usually goes for knockout punch in first quarter and tries to ambush teams early in Big night games in DV.

It's quite the intimidating place to play and usually takes teams at least a quarter to get adjusted and settle their nerves. Louisville prob would have beat them last year sans the first quarter. It took Lamar Jackson some time to get settled into the game for sure, I think same might happen to TQM, we shall see- not much seems to bother him but DV at night might

BigJacket

Banned
We'll get 100 yards on two plays.

The real question is how will Clemson come out and try to defend Tech?

/

I guess your kidding, but I will tell you exactly how. The same way they defended us the last two years. They will take away the dive with their DL, all four Clemson starters will be early round picks in NFL draft.

The only chance is to gash them passing the ball and we only seem to have one WR that can make big plays. TQM is going to have to have his best passing game and A backs are going to have to be excellent receivers in this game to keep it close