Our Offense

thwgjacket

I have read on some other sites that people are not pleased with how our O played today. While it was not our greatest day offensively I think it's important to look at a few stats. We averaged almost 6 yards a play and 5 yards per rush against possibly the best defense in the country. We had 251 yards rushing and could have easily had 300 if not for the pick 6's which took about 150 possible yards away from our offense. It wasn't a great day for us but it may have been what you would consider a "great" day when you take our opponent into account.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Instead of blaming the offense - and we probably did miss a few plays out there - give some props to Clemson. They are big up front and they are mobile. They played stinking hard.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
From the upper north, my jaw dropped looking at how quick their DL guys were. We just could not get in front of them trying to scoop them on the back side of plays. I came away impressed. They are good up front.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
That Jarrett kid was really good. One of the best DL I have seen.

I think we gave up trying to scoop him. It looked (from the naked eye) like a lot of early reads were gives , but Jarrett beat our guys inside and blew the play up.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
From the upper north, my jaw dropped looking at how quick their DL guys were. We just could not get in front of them trying to scoop them on the back side of plays. I came away impressed. They are good up front.

heck, I was amazed by the speed of their secondary--esp on the Snoddy breakaway run--TWO guys actually closed in on him in open field and Snoddy is pd fast

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Their D line was big and fast. They totally took away the rocket toss by just running our guys down and getting off blocks. They were shutting the dive down too. Fortunately for us we have a more weapons than that (as opposed to other years) but still...give them credit. That was the best defense we have played this year by far.

I was glad to see our O just keep plugging away, waiting for a chance to make things happen. That's how teams win games.

Aanderson1839

Georgia Tech Fan
Their DL was quick, fast, strong, etc. I remember a few times where they successfully covered all 3 options: tackled the B-Back, forced the Pitch, and then had a few guys to clean up the pitch man. Just good defense.

I thought JT missed a read or two when he gave to the B-back but that was just based on results, no way I can see what he does :). One thing to remember is that he is not reading the DT, he is reading the DE. So if the DT can beat the O-Line double team and make the play on the dive it may look like a bad read when it is just a good play by the D.

Either way I was impressed with their D. Even on our completed passes we did not have guys running free with the one exception on the juggling A back reception.

I think we will have an easier time of it against the uga on offense but will give up a lot more points.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I wish Venables would get a Head Coaching job somewhere.......he's faced us too many times and is doing a good job coaching against CPJ