Our NIL

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I just wanted to point out that Oregon State just raised $2M for NIL.

Meanwhile we are struggling to raise $250K.
What can we do to raise more for NIL?

IMO, our marketing and communication for NIL has been TERRIBLE.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Here's a thought...and I'm just spit-balling here...

What if we were to ignore those 4 & 5 stars and focus on 3 stars who want a good education?

Coach 'em up, keep 'em for five years, and find them good jobs when they graduate.

Get old and stay old.
Thats what we’re doing and when they show promise they get bought away from us.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
New to the ACC and a small school.

BREAKING: #SMU's new Boulevard Collective will quickly become one of the biggest players in the NIL space. The collective is set to pay players on the football and basketball teams $36K a year, sources tell On3. Story with @Pete_Nakos96: https://on3.com/nil/news/smu-mustangs-football-basketball-boulevard-collective-nil-3-5-million-36-annually-chris-kleinert/… #PonyUpDallas
2:12 PM · Aug 8, 2022

SMU basically bought their way into Power 5 sports, and into one of the most academically prestigious conferences. Anyone who thought SMU wasn't going to have one of the most well funded NIL collectives isn't paying attention.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
SMU basically bought their way into Power 5 sports, and into one of the most academically prestigious conferences. Anyone who thought SMU wasn't going to have one of the most well funded NIL collectives isn't paying attention.
In only a few years they will have one of the best teams in the ACC,
Maybe they can help pay ESPN to do better with the ACC contract.

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have on reliable report (guys been right in the past), that we have a single $3M NIL contribution which Brent Key got at a lunch that y'all will be hearing about at some point. So all is not lost guys & gals. I think Brent Key is the perfect guy to push GT since he bleeds white & gold.

Also, anyone heard the rumor that Miami couldn't make their payroll for NIL? (Should have taken a knee :) ) That may be part of the recruiting narrative out there. Could be part of this situation: https://theathletic.com/4734228/2023/07/30/miami-nil-john-ruiz-life-wallet/

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I have on reliable report (guys been right in the past), that we have a single $3M NIL contribution which Brent Key got at a lunch that y'all will be hearing about at some point. So all is not lost guys & gals. I think Brent Key is the perfect guy to push GT since he bleeds white & gold.

Also, anyone heard the rumor that Miami couldn't make their payroll for NIL? (Should have taken a knee :) ) That may be part of the recruiting narrative out there. Could be part of this situation: https://theathletic.com/4734228/2023/07/30/miami-nil-john-ruiz-life-wallet/
Wow. When do you think that will be announced?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wow. When do you think that will be announced?

No idea. But I trust the guy who texted me about this. He has 0 reason to BS on this.

I'm going to contribute to either "The Tech Way" or the "A-T Fund" unrestricted. Any thoughts on which is better? I'd think "The Tech Way" can do NIL but A-T can't? I've contributed to GT Baseball in the past but am waiting for new management. But that won't stop me from contributing to GT.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

GT has more NIL money than the average GT fans knows about. We're very judicious about where it goes. This is why when someone says GT can't compete in the age of NIL, they don't understand what's going on behind the scenes.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
No idea. But I trust the guy who texted me about this. He has 0 reason to BS on this.

I'm going to contribute to either "The Tech Way" or the "A-T Fund" unrestricted. Any thoughts on which is better? I'd think "The Tech Way" can do NIL but A-T can't? I've contributed to GT Baseball in the past but am waiting for new management. But that won't stop me from contributing to GT.
So $3M for NIL? I mean we need to PROMOTE this!!!