Our defense is awesome. .

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Adams looked good on that 4th down, but it was Henderson who penetrated and made the back lose speed before getting to the line. I think people are overlooking how good he has been playing.
I haven't seen the replay yet. All I could see on the video board was that Adams stopped his second effort.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Adams looked good on that 4th down, but it was Henderson who penetrated and made the back lose speed before getting to the line. I think people are overlooking how good he has been playing.
I think he and Simmons have been our two most productive defensive players so far this season.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Just as I thought the "Defense is awful" thread was not accurate, I am not ready to say the "Defense is awesome" is accurate either.

We have shut down 2 power running teams with primarily an old school approach to offense. Good to see us bow up on the defensive LOS and we have done everything we needed to do. But it doesn't take great powers of observation to know that the QB play from Vandy and BC was somewhere between awful and putrid. Neither was accurate and missed multiple open receivers. We are going to see better QB play - starting Thursday.

We are improved but I don't think it is quite awesome yet.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I haven't seen the replay yet. All I could see on the video board was that Adams stopped his second effort.

LOL. My recollection is that PJ had him wrapped up and stopped before Adams et al pushed the whole mass backwards.

We'll see on replay I guesd.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
The pile could have fallen either way until Adams stepped over and pushed the whole pile backwards. Had it fallen forward, they'd have made the 1st down.

I just rewatched this at the airport and that's exactly how it went down. Until Adams came in and stuffed it, it could have gone either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
KCH shot the gap and got a hand on the shoulder of the rb, but yeah he didn't make a lot of impact. He did grab the leg after that (from behind), but upon further review was probably not that effectual. PJ hit the guy in the midsection and stood him up and Adams pushed the whole pile back. It was a great play by Adams, and he's going to be a handfull soon, but KCH has been solid on a lot of plays - including that one.

Last edited: