Our commitment must begin to match our expectations

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
You guys are asking a school full of nerds to make football a way of life. Never going to happen.

Hammer, nail, head. I say this with love, but expecting more in this situation is like expecting your kid on the spectrum to be the most popular guy in school. He will have successes and surprise you from time to time, and you shoyld celebrate those heartily, but dont expect that he is just like everyone else.

And make no mistake, institutionally, Tech is definitely on the spectrum.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
While I was very embarrassed but the product I saw on the field today, I was equally embarrassed by our fans. Apparently our fans cannot be bothered to come to the game. If they do come, they cannot seem to make it until midway through the first quarter. Our student section in the north endzone did not get full until about 5 mins left in the first quarter. Shame on you students!

Thousands of ugag fans were already in the stands 40 minutes before the game. By the time the stands were filled, at most, we had 30k to 35k fans there and ugag brought between 20k and 25k fans. That is what real football fans do. Real football fans show up in large numbers early for games and passionately cheer on their teams. Our fan base does not. And our program is a reflection of our fanbase.

Well, if you want fans to attend, you have to lower ticket prices. Not everyone wants to buy a season ticket but the prices for this game was at least $100 and that's just too much for some people. I got "lucky" and my buddy ended up buying from another Swarm person for the printed face value of the ticket but that too was pretty expensive.

What else do you expect dwag fans to do besides watch the nadlickers? They've never traveled outside the tri-state area. A trip to Mississippi is a pretty big trip for them. Miami is an international trip.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Well, if you want fans to attend, you have to lower ticket prices. Not everyone wants to buy a season ticket but the prices for this game was at least $100 and that's just too much for some people. I got "lucky" and my buddy ended up buying from another Swarm person for the printed face value of the ticket but that too was pretty expensive.

What else do you expect dwag fans to do besides watch the nadlickers? They've never traveled outside the tri-state area. A trip to Mississippi is a pretty big trip for them. Miami is an international trip.

This game was sold out with minimum $90 tickets face value. The mutts traveled to South Bend this year and did it very well. They had at least half of the seats in that game.

Also, no disrespect meant, but I find it interesting that in a thread about getting more financial support for the team you ask for tickets to be less expensive.