Our B-ball Program

UgagSucks

Jolly Good Fellow
It's a shame that GT b-ball is in the state it's in. We've got a great new facility which I thought would help with recruiting. I was wrong about that. I wonder how much longer we will keep BG? This season already looks like a goner.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
It's a shame that GT b-ball is in the state it's in. We've got a great new facility which I thought would help with recruiting. I was wrong about that. I wonder how much longer we will keep BG? This season already looks like a goner.
Firing Paul Hewitt was a bad idea. I could have withstood him for 3 more years rather than hiring a Cheap Coach that know the X's and O' but can't bring in talent.

BC_Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Firing Paul Hewitt was a bad idea. I could have withstood him for 3 more years rather than hiring a Cheap Coach that know the X's and O' but can't bring in talent.
Any idea of where the AA stands financially now? IF there is a change after this season, do we have to go the "cheap" route again?

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
If we don't fire Gregory after this year we're just throwing in towel I guess. I feel really bad for the guys on the team. Losing to a really bad wake team isn't good at all.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If we don't fire Gregory after this year we're just throwing in towel I guess. I feel really bad for the guys on the team. Losing to a really bad wake team isn't good at all.

They're rated among the top third of D-1 teams, per Ken Pomeroy, and took dook & Louisville to the wire. Not sure they're a really bad team, more like mediocre.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not sure there's much relevancy to this. We've got about half a season to play and unless there's a significant uptick, results will judge BG. Meantime, I'd request everyone keep supporting the players regardless of what you think of the coaches. They're still putting in a ton of effort and don't formulate the game plan.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GT Basketball is bringing in no money. We're not winning tournaments, our making it to March. Have you seen the stands on TV, I'm pretty sure our baseball games have more attendance.
So GT hoops' lack of revenue will perpetuate having to be on the cheap with another coach?

LibertyTurns

Banned
So GT hoops' lack of revenue will perpetuate having to be on the cheap with another coach?
We could replace him with a dead fish and bring in more fans. You could put a funny hat on the fish, some sunglasses or a cigarette in its mouth for variety. Crap, HS basketball games have higher attendance than we do right now.

In his defense, he beat the Mutts. Guess we now know where we stand with "beat the Mutts and lose every other game" as far as retaining the coach goes.