Other NCAA Regionals

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
I still don't understand pulling for a conference over individual teams. There are 7 ish teams in the ACC I never want to see win. Only 2 I typically actually pull for (in addition to Ga Tech)
Historically I always pull for ACC teams in every sport - particularly when facing SEC teams. It's simple respect building for the conference. That said, it appears our conference may implode soon so the cheering is a bit dimmed currently...

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Most other games I watch I really don't know who I will pull for until I start watching and can change midstream, eg. if a player, coach, or team displays poor sportsmanship or maybe something else happens. Like yesterday I started out pulling for FSU because of conference and I like coach Link Garret, but when Uconn scored 4 runs off of Jamie Arnold, I switched and started pulling for the underdog.
And I am a big underdog fan. I am pulling for the gators to make Omaha and win it all since they don't deserve to be in the tournament. :ROFLMAO:

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
All three on one side of the bracket, too. Tenn or Evansville join depending on the rubber match tomorrow.

On the right side of the bracket, NCSU can punch their spot with a win over the mutts. Clemson will have to beat UF twice.
Ah yes, Clemson back to clemsoning. Had the lead yesterday and blew it. SMH.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Most other games I watch I really don't know who I will pull for until I start watching and can change midstream, eg. if a player, coach, or team displays poor sportsmanship or maybe something else happens. Like yesterday I started out pulling for FSU because of conference and I like coach Link Garret, but when Uconn scored 4 runs off of Jamie Arnold, I switched and started pulling for the underdog.
And I am a big underdog fan. I am pulling for the gators to make Omaha and win it all since they don't deserve to be in the tournament. :ROFLMAO:
Good post. I like the way you "fan" ... I do that often too. A few teams I like a few I really don’t like. Majority in between & finding that little (or big) thing to pull for one in a particular matchup is fun.

Yep... the Florida factor this year? I'm torn on that. If it weren't an SEC team, I think I'd like idea of an undeserving team getting there just to demonstrate "baseball" & how narrow the margins are. But that's not what will carry the narrative... it'll be told you so about strength of SEC.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
dook fans are *****s. I'm not sure how you root for them unless they're playing those other *******s from our state we hate.

uva fans are just like dook fans, but for some reason they don't bother me so much. Maybe it's their wine and cheese deal? They're not really sports fans, they remind me of Vandy fans except dumber.

Wake, Clemson, BC, Syracuse, Pitt and Louisville fans don't seem to be annoying. unc fans are ok, they've resigned themselves to underachieving and losing games they shouldn't. ncst fans are just low grade unc fans. They try but it's hard being the 4th most likable team in a 4 team state.

The you got the Florida teams. fsu fans are a lot like unc and ncst fans, except they win more. They have the low grade slutty down to a science. miami fans are the lowest of the low, but damn they're fun to party with. It's pretty hard not to have a blast around them with the funnels, jello shots, shotgunning beers, etc. They do like their weed and coke, so that's the only issue I have with some of them. Their women will show you every tat and piercing they have regardless of the location, sometimes it's better not to look! If you have a wife, they she may not appreciate how friendly they are. It has been known to cause a few problems.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
dook fans are *****s. I'm not sure how you root for them unless they're playing those other *******s from our state we hate.

uva fans are just like dook fans, but for some reason they don't bother me so much. Maybe it's their wine and cheese deal? They're not really sports fans, they remind me of Vandy fans except dumber.

Wake, Clemson, BC, Syracuse, Pitt and Louisville fans don't seem to be annoying. unc fans are ok, they've resigned themselves to underachieving and losing games they shouldn't. ncst fans are just low grade unc fans. They try but it's hard being the 4th most likable team in a 4 team state.

The you got the Florida teams. fsu fans are a lot like unc and ncst fans, except they win more. They have the low grade slutty down to a science. miami fans are the lowest of the low, but damn they're fun to party with. It's pretty hard not to have a blast around them with the funnels, jello shots, shotgunning beers, etc. They do like their weed and coke, so that's the only issue I have with some of them. Their women will show you every tat and piercing they have regardless of the location, sometimes it's better not to look! If you have a wife, they she may not appreciate how friendly they are. It has been known to cause a few problems.
The problem is fans from other conferences are even worse. Yes, I hate Duke and da U fans, but I hate fans from the SEC and Big 10 even more. All things being equal, I will route for the ACC over teams from any other conference.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
The problem is fans from other conferences are even worse. Yes, I hate Duke and da U fans, but I hate fans from the SEC and Big 10 even more. All things being equal, I will route for the ACC over teams from any other conference.
I used to root against ACC opponents out of conference. Then "conference pride" became a thing and the quality of your conference started dictating wether we may make a postseason.

This year, the ACC placed 8 teams, the SEC 11. Next year, when we're the 9th best ACC team, you'll be glad our conference performed well so we have a better chance at a bid.

You know, because "it just means more" *eye roll*

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
And right on cue, Climpsen blows it in the bottom 13th. LOL.

UF got it together in the second half of their season and is playing real good ball right now.

Climpsen… they’re just the same old bunch.