OT - Jack DeFoor (@jackdefoor54) Ruled Eligible

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Wow the guys already a starter and probably all conference and he is yet to get on the field. I think we need to wait a bit and see how he does before we anoint him Shaq Jr.

Go Jackets!
You didn't see him play in HS. He has been in an elite weight training program for the past year. He is a very good athlete. No offense to any of the other linemen on the team, but he is probably 2nd best lineman on the roster today. He has his dad's fight, which cannot be put in words.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
You didn't see him play in HS. He has been in an elite weight training program for the past year. He is a very good athlete. No offense to any of the other linemen on the team, but he is probably 2nd best lineman on the roster today. He has his dad's fight, which cannot be put in words.
I hope you’re right, but not holding my breath. I’d put Parker at the top, followed closely by Will. Kenny and Andy aren’t too shabby, either.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I hope you’re right, but not holding my breath. I’d put Parker at the top, followed closely by Will. Kenny and Andy aren’t too shabby, either.

Even if he’s a physical beast and has improved his game, he still has to learn our system. If he can step in and start I’ll be a bit surprised. Competition is a good thing though.

Welcome to the flats DeFoor.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
One of the things that jumped out at me during the championship game was depth on the line of scrimmage. Bama etc are always deep and Tech always seems to have barely enough depth before injuries begin. Instead of our optimism at the beginning of the season over having maybe seven pretty good people on the line, I hope we can soon feel good about our top ten to twelve.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
One of the things that jumped out at me during the championship game was depth on the line of scrimmage. Bama etc are always deep and Tech always seems to have barely enough depth before injuries begin. Instead of our optimism at the beginning of the season over having maybe seven pretty good people on the line, I hope we can soon feel good about our top ten to twelve.

Having good OL players 6 through 10 is a good thing on paper and certainly good if you have a bunch of injuries, but our history is to play 5 to 7 OL players only so the extra depth seems to result in players leaving. I hope we have 10 quality OL players but to keep them we need to play them in games in some sort of rotation.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Having good OL players 6 through 10 is a good thing on paper and certainly good if you have a bunch of injuries, but our history is to play 5 to 7 OL players only so the extra depth seems to result in players leaving. I hope we have 10 quality OL players but to keep them we need to play them in games in some sort of rotation.

Not sure why you say the extra depth causes them to leave. We know the reasons for many oline departures and I don’t recall that being a significant reason. I do recall players who would have started leaving due to injuries, graduate school, art school etc. There have been times where we would have had the needed depth had it not been for unusual circumstances. Regardless if other teams can be 10 deep instead of 7 we need to keep striving for that as well. Hopefully improved recruiting efforts will make it more common.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Not sure why you say the extra depth causes them to leave. We know the reasons for many oline departures and I don’t recall that being a significant reason. I do recall players who would have started leaving due to injuries, graduate school, art school etc. There have been times where we would have had the needed depth had it not been for unusual circumstances. Regardless if other teams can be 10 deep instead of 7 we need to keep striving for that as well. Hopefully improved recruiting efforts will make it more common.
Exactly. Fromayan probably would've been a starter.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

But to play them they have to be almost as good as the starters. I don’t think that has been the case for us.