OT - Jack DeFoor (@jackdefoor54) Ruled Eligible

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Do not take this as a shot at DeFoor, as I like his film, and think he's a nice fit for GT and will be a nice player here. THAT SAID: whooooowee he's got a lot of presnap tells.

You can take a look at his stance and basically call it "reach block", "pull", "drive block". Just goes to show how difficult coaching is, at any level. My STRONG guess is that Ole Miss' OL coach has already cleaned his stance up, but an observant DE would be having a field day.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Do not take this as a shot at DeFoor, as I like his film, and think he's a nice fit for GT and will be a nice player here. THAT SAID: whooooowee he's got a lot of presnap tells.

You can take a look at his stance and basically call it "reach block", "pull", "drive block". Just goes to show how difficult coaching is, at any level. My STRONG guess is that Ole Miss' OL coach has already cleaned his stance up, but an observant DE would be having a field day.

Fire Sewak poor on field fundamentals proved poor coaching fundamentals....oh wait...that was at ole miss??:rolleyes:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
For sure, he's a nice player (still has a lot of presnap tells ;))

I don’t care what you say. It’s not his HS coaches fault either. It’s Sewaks fault and “everyone” here knows it. Tic

On a more serious note I’ve wondered if allowing our guys to determine their own stance could lead to tells. I haven’t noticed any yet but we supposedly don’t dictate that to our guys either situationally or generally.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
CPJ will certainly make him drop weight. The linemen in this system have to be light.
In 2014 we added erin joe to starting rt spot as we made the run at end of season.
That line, when sham was in for trey braun in 3 rd and 4th quarter, was totally gigantic. With shaq the unstoppable force and two good bb the defense had to plug the middle. This set up the blocking for the extra large ot.
Since then we have had quicker guards.

Last year will bryan was leaned down into all muscle and sham was - well sham was still powerful. 2017 the ol did not live up to pre season expectations.

It would be great if he can play at tackle after he spend time with coach sisk. There is no telling what coach sewak and west will do.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
No. CPJ prefers his linemen to be agile and quick off the feet more than size.
Then we have to pass on 3rd and long and the dt is in backfield quickly if se sacrafice too much power. Its a trade off. If this player is quick with feet sisk and make him powerful. I prefer agile and strong legs for getting a crease verse pancakes.
Imo our option seems so slow that ths lb and safeties have time to recover from misreads.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
No. CPJ prefers his linemen to be agile and quick off the feet more than size.

He will only make him cut weight if he can't move at 300 or 310. It's also not a forgone conclusion that he will play tackle. If he doesn't play tackle he will probably stay that big. We have had plenty of 300 lb (or damn near) GCG players.

PJ has said a billion times that he doesn't care how big the guy is if he can do what they are asking. If he can't then of course he's going to try and make him drop weight.