Film Room Orange Bowl Series 1

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Even before the O line established their dominance you could see the bulldogs were not going to be able to stop the Tech O with anything approaching consistency.

dcyellowjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I really, really love how we set them up for that long TD pass with the multiple counter options and then the play action.

mmbt0ne

Jolly Good Fellow
If you want to know why it sucks to be a DC against this offense, look at how different the blocking schemes were for AB/WR on the first 2 TO plays.

1. Option the pitch off the OLB, inside WR comes in and cracks the MLB, AB goes wide to lead block the pitch man and takes the S
2. Option the pitch off the S, AB goes straight ahead and blocks the OLB (who is playing REALLY far inside), inside WR sets the edge on the S

Ran the "same" play back-to-back and no one was getting blocked by the same person except the outside CB who was busy getting man-handled 15 yards downfield.

beernutts

Georgia Tech Fan
Good stuff as always. A few things I saw, i wanted to point out too.

On the QB draw, you can tell it's a draw because Braun takes off downfield to block the MLB after a second or 2. That would be illegal man downfield if JT ended up throwing the ball.

On the play after that QB draw, when we put the backside AB in motion across formation, the Defense doesn't adjust properly, and only has 2 guys outside covering 3 players. If Deon had run an out (instead of Andrews), there was no-one over there, since the WR took the CB deep. I had seen the same thing the play before, and was hopinh CPJ would call a pass, but the AB ran a seam, right to where the safety could cover him.

Also, I'm not sure the give is any kind of counter, unless you think the rocket toss is a counter also, since the QB always reverse pivots on the rocket toss. It's more of a outside long trap (since the OG blocks out on the DE or OLB), using the playside rocket motion to get the OLB out of position. Counters I think typically involve some kind of movement to the backside, then you counter that movement to the playside; not sure the reverse pivot is enough to be considered a counter, but that's just IMHO.

gtcole

Jolly Good Fellow
Love the skycam view. Nice job. That JT run on the pass was definitely designed since we had a guy down field blocking

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That was great. You gotta love our OL splits. They are not as obvious from the sideline view. My seats in Bobby Dodd Stadium are upper north so I get this view all the time. Personally, I think this is the best way to watch option football. You get a much better perspective on how the numbers matchups are created and how the actual stretching of the defense takes place. Great job LD! Best one yet.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
That was great. You gotta love our OL splits. They are not as obvious from the sideline view. My seats in Bobby Dodd Stadium are upper north so I get this view all the time. Personally, I think this is the best way to watch option football. You get a much better perspective on how the numbers matchups are created and how the actual stretching of the defense takes place. Great job LD! Best one yet.

I love the view from my seats in the upper north. I prefer it to the standard sideline view on TV.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
Nice work! I love watching our offense. It is a thing of beauty. Who was that who called it the Triple Sloption? Is he on suicide watch or did he off himself already?