Opinion Week: You Can Still Have Fun in a Losing Season

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Definitely possible to have fun in a losing season, but only if you don't have expectations. Look at the Hawks: 29-53 for the year, but most of the fans still loved going to the games because the players were fun to watch and they were perceived to have improved throughout the year. Will continued losing seasons be as fun? No. But for the first year of a rebuild, it's entirely possible to enjoy losing games as long as they're better in November than they are in August. And if we win 6+ games, that's just gravy.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
There is nothing fun about losing. You can enjoy moments of success in a losing season, you can enjoy watching individual efforts, you can enjoy seeing progress and growth. But, as @flea77 says, losing sucks. I wouldn't want anyone on my team that didn't mind losing.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
A GT game typically ebbs and flows. We rarely blow teams out or get blown out. Therefore there are several moments of joy as we make plays here and there. There are usually no shortage of big plays to cheer about too. There is plenty of fun times had even if the ending isn’t one of them.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
It depends on how we lose. I was at the Clemson and Duke game last year. They were not fun. The highlight was the flyover by the Navy jets. I left the Duke game early after the third fumble in three plays. I ran into Bill Curry leaving by Peter's park .... he left early too.

I guess if we play fun-da-mentaly (see what I did there) sound football for the most part and are competitive in most games, it could be bearable. Generally speaking though, losing sucks and is not fun.