Opinion Week: You Can Still Have Fun in a Losing Season

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Sure you can. You're alive, right? I mean, there's always next year, as long as you're above ground.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Sure you can. You're alive, right? I mean, there's always next year, as long as you're above ground.
At my age next year is a long shot. It's better to win now. It's not like I'm impatient , hell I'll give them till after the 1st quarter of game 1 , no that is not being unrealistic I'll give them till halftime of the first game, it's only Clemson.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
At my age next year is a long shot. It's better to win now. It's not like I'm impatient , hell I'll give them till after the 1st quarter of game 1 , no that is not being unrealistic I'll give them till halftime of the first game, it's only Clemson.

Hate to say it, but you might have to hang in there a bit past Clemson to post a winning record next year. If you kick off at 2-1, it counts as a winning season, right?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
You Can Still Have Fun in a Losing Season ?

1981 and 1994 were not a lot of fun, but you could pretty much sit where you wanted. So I'm going to say losing sucks.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
It’ll be a lot more fun in 3-5 years. I hope...this summer is dragging by. Lord help us all.
I sorry I don't use some people ( this is not directed at you) but others. I like CPJ but after last season I thought it was time for him to go, just watching him at the games he seemed different than in the past. I like CGC but have hearing people the last few years people would ask why do you want mediocre we need new blood. Ok our AD went and found someone who is energetic and enthused about Tech. But I keep seeing people say 4 wins this year and 3 or 4 years to get better. Oh poo poo I see us being better than that and if it takes 3 or 4 years we have a bad problem that can't be fixed. The new offense is not that hard to learn. Too many running backs they say hell fire some will move to WR. Short on TE's yes but we have a couple and I'm sure we will,be fine. Defensive line and LB's are what we will be short on but look for a few CB's to move. Ibeeballin has come up with defenses that could work. Now buck up and stop this carp about 4 or 5 wins next year. Even CGC laughed at some of the prediction magazines. I'm sure I will piss out some but I piss off my wife all the time and I have to live with her.
Point blank losing sucks and ain't no fun.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
There's losing, and then there's losing. Nothing good to say about losing abjectly, but if we lose while some phases of the game look good, it's something to build on. I don't know what to expect record-wise, but I just want to see improvement as the year goes on. I don't see us going 4-8, either. For all anyone knows, we might go 8-4. But if it's closer to 6-6, remember - we're half way there. And there's good news in the pipeline. There's hope in recruiting, and recruiting is looking up. I'm just going to have fun watching the transition. That first pass to the tight end over the middle will be inspiring. This year, I want to see enthusiasm and progress as the season unfolds. At the end of the season, if we're left with high hopes for the future the season will have been a success no matter the w-l record.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
There's losing, and then there's losing. Nothing good to say about losing abjectly, but if we lose while some phases of the game look good, it's something to build on. I don't know what to expect record-wise, but I just want to see improvement as the year goes on. I don't see us going 4-8, either. For all anyone knows, we might go 8-4. But if it's closer to 6-6, remember - we're half way there. And there's good news in the pipeline. There's hope in recruiting, and recruiting is looking up. I'm just going to have fun watching the transition. That first pass to the tight end over the middle will be inspiring. This year, I want to see enthusiasm and progress as the season unfolds. At the end of the season, if we're left with high hopes for the future the season will have been a success no matter the w-l record.
I hope their mlb inexplicably vacates the middle of the field, too.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I sorry I don't use some people ( this is not directed at you) but others. I like CPJ but after last season I thought it was time for him to go, just watching him at the games he seemed different than in the past. I like CGC but have hearing people the last few years people would ask why do you want mediocre we need new blood. Ok our AD went and found someone who is energetic and enthused about Tech. But I keep seeing people say 4 wins this year and 3 or 4 years to get better. Oh poo poo I see us being better than that and if it takes 3 or 4 years we have a bad problem that can't be fixed. The new offense is not that hard to learn. Too many running backs they say hell fire some will move to WR. Short on TE's yes but we have a couple and I'm sure we will,be fine. Defensive line and LB's are what we will be short on but look for a few CB's to move. Ibeeballin has come up with defenses that could work. Now buck up and stop this carp about 4 or 5 wins next year. Even CGC laughed at some of the prediction magazines. I'm sure I will piss out some but I piss off my wife all the time and I have to live with her.
Point blank losing sucks and ain't no fun.
I don’t know what this season will hold. We can sit back and watch, that’s all we can do. I was just saying that by then we should be rolling with (hopefully) solid recruiting wins and some marquee wins at that point. Let’s see what happens. THWg. Go Tech

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
There probably isn't a single team in the Coastal division who knows whether they are going to have a winning or losing season this year.

Until we lose 2 division games, I will plan to win the division. The hype should be well alive at least til mid-October.