Opinion question about the Georgia Tech quarterback situation 2017

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Maryland played us pretty stoutly in 2012, using a linebacker as their 5th string QB, IIRC. Perhaps, Maryland's coaches should have anticipated that string of bad luck and had a true QB waiting in the wings as that 5th string QB.

I think you mis-remember that game. We were up 27-0 in the third quarter. MD scored with less than a minute to go in the third and again on the final play of the game. Final score was 33-13.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I keep watching Navy on this. Look at them after Kaipo graduated. Were they as proficient on O with him gone? No. Did they find a QB after Kaipo who could run the O and did the O production suffer greatly? Yes and no. It'll be the same next year with Reynolds gone.

I don't think there's any reason to think that we won't do the same when JT graduates. We won't be as hot with him gone, but either MJ (probably) or someone else (maybe) will step in and run the O at just about the same level of efficiency. If it's MJ, look for Byerly, part dieux; I think their level of talent is very similar, though Tim could throw better. In short, I'm a lot more worried about finding a reliable BB for next year then I am about finding a QB in 2017.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I keep watching Navy on this. Look at them after Kaipo graduated. Were they as proficient on O with him gone? No. Did they find a QB after Kaipo who could run the O and did the O production suffer greatly? Yes and no. It'll be the same next year with Reynolds gone.

I don't think there's any reason to think that we won't do the same when JT graduates. We won't be as hot with him gone, but either MJ (probably) or someone else (maybe) will step in and run the O at just about the same level of efficiency. If it's MJ, look for Byerly, part dieux; I think their level of talent is very similar, though Tim could throw better. In short, I'm a lot more worried about finding a reliable BB for next year then I am about finding a QB in 2017.
I see similarities, too, but think Tim was better in the ball security dept.