Only off topic coversations!

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Just to reiterate my earlier posts, if they serve rice then it can't be a BBQ restaurant 😉

It's clear that you just don't know what good BBQ is. That's ok. You were probably raised with insufficient quality BBQ and hash nearby.

robin williams its not your fault GIF

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Probably not coincidentally, South Pittsburg is the home of Lodge cast iron. I’d say more than a subtle clue as to one aspect of the proper preparation of the cornbread. Regardless of your preferred recipe and unique ingredients, don’t bring your entry in muffin tins or bread pans.
Thats a cool place, we took Boy Scouts there last summer and they really enjoyed the tour

SimpleGT

Jolly Good Fellow
2 BBQ rules for me -
1 If you can't smell the smoke in the parking lot, keep going
2. Sauce is for dipping Texas toast in and using on french fries. BBQ should not need sauce.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Wtf is this hash over rice crap yall keep talking about?

"A sort of cross between a thick gravy and a stew, it's made from pork and (often) various pig organs and is usually served over white rice, though sometimes grits or bread are used instead."

Like many good eats, sometimes it's better not to know what's in it 😉 and just enjoy it.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
"A sort of cross between a thick gravy and a stew, it's made from pork and (often) various pig organs and is usually served over white rice, though sometimes grits or bread are used instead."

Like many good eats, sometimes it's better not to know what's in it 😉 and just enjoy it.
Had a stew over rice with a Liberian family years ago. One of the best things I’ve ever put in my mouth. It had tripe and chicken feet in it among other things.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Has anyone ever been to Fox Bros in Atlanta? I keep saying I'm going down there, but it just isn't convenient for me to get to.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I live right near there and Prison Tacos (El Progreso #14) is the new fad in the area. Prices have gone way up since their popularity skyrocketed though.

I'm partial to Tacqueria Acapulco inside the BP and La Tapatia further south on Moreland though. Far less busy, just as authentic. LT has lengua as well I believe.

albanyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I make my own brunswick stew. everyone who has tried it says it the best they ever had. I had a relative drive 90 miles out of his way to Florida to stop by for stew and garlic bread. I am not one to brag. My recipe is for anyone who wants it. send self addressed envelop plus $1,000. I tried to have it made commercially but the company just could not get it right.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I make my own brunswick stew. everyone who has tried it says it the best they ever had. I had a relative drive 90 miles out of his way to Florida to stop by for stew and garlic bread. I am not one to brag. My recipe is for anyone who wants it. send self addressed envelop plus $1,000. I tried to have it made commercially but the company just could not get it right.
Damn it...I saw your post right after emailing my life savings to a Nigerian prince who is in dire need but who swears on the holy name of his family and church that he will repay me with 500% interest in 6 months. Can you let me hold that recipe until such times as I am repaid...I too will repay your kindness with more than generous interest. Check your DM inbox...I sent you my home address plus a picture of an envelope and a stamp.