Only off topic coversations!

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Brunswick stew, it seems, is mostly a GA thing, or so it seems. I know they make it elsewhere, but not like the real stuff. I consumed my first bowl at Old Hickory House as a child. I was hooked.
Intro for me was Sprayberry's, Newnan in the forties, think I actually like Old Hickory House the best, had my first of that during GT student days at the original on Northside Drive just north of water works, we used to go there as students on Sat AM and drink beer before games sometimes. I've seen others try it but none ever came close to GA style, the best IMO.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It was a great offense. We give Florida St a good run they were just at the top of their game at the time and they were loaded 3 deep at every position. Defense was pretty dang good Florida St was just a little better. One of George O’Learys best teams he built. What a coaching staff he had lol
FSU won because the took cheap shots after the whistle to try to hurt Lil' Joe. If they didn't play dirty, we beat them multiple times.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Probably not coincidentally, South Pittsburg is the home of Lodge cast iron. I’d say more than a subtle clue as to one aspect of the proper preparation of the cornbread. Regardless of your preferred recipe and unique ingredients, don’t bring your entry in muffin tins or bread pans.
Leave the sugar at home.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
FSU won because the took cheap shots after the whistle to try to hurt Lil' Joe. If they didn't play dirty, we beat them multiple times.
We actually lost the one game Hamilton played the full game. His performance was one of the very bes efforts I have ever seen by a college QB on any team. He was GREAT and we still lost.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My first bowl was the White Diamond Grill, off of Hwy 247 in Central GA, a long gone memory now.
This place my friend is the mecca of BBQ. And because our Creator is a merciful being whose love for us is infinite this place is still there and my wife, who is in central Ga. as I type this tending to an aging parent will return in a few days with both q and stew....although I must confess their stew is a bit on the vinegary side for me. But even Cindy Crawford had a mole on her cheek....was she any less beautiful because of it? I and most of you in my age group would argue no or even "what mole?"

WTBS, what Calvin Johnson is to wide receivers or the Varsity is to chili slaw dogs or a well trained English Setter is to upland bird hunting, the White Diamond is to bbq. If you live within a 2,500 mile radius of Bonaire, Ga. you owe it to yourself to make a pilgrimage to it. It looks like the place your wife would not want to stop at but, at the end of the day, all great BBQ places or blues clubs/juke joints fit this description.

If the White Diamond served collard greens and cornbread and beer and had all the GT footballs on big screen TV and was located on a golf course it would indeed be Valhalla or Paradise or Heaven here on earth. I love that place.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
This place my friend is the mecca of BBQ. And because our Creator is a merciful being whose love for us is infinite this place is still there and my wife, who is in central Ga. as I type this tending to an aging parent will return in a few days with both q and stew....although I must confess their stew is a bit on the vinegary side for me.

If they serve stew, and not hash (over rice) then it can't be the mecca...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I used to live off of Powers Ferry and grabbed dinner from there almost weekly. It absolutely lives up to the hype. Not the traditionalists BBQ joint, but if you love BBQ and Korean food it is a match made in heaven.

Cosign. Been there a bunch. It's pretty good. @Em_Jae20 you won't be disappointed.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If they serve stew, and not hash (over rice) then it can't be the mecca...
I don't recall our rules on this site as much these days as maybe I once did, but if it is permissible to publicly challenge a moderator to a round of fisticuffs or perhaps even a bout of fencing (my preference is the epee but I am not adverse to either the foil or the sabre if these are your weapons of choice) , then by all means consider your post an invitation to a duel. Of course, if that is not allowable, then please disregard my previous comments and just go on about your daily affairs knowing that you are entirely wrong on this topic. i don't know if those who choose hash over stew are eligible for heaven btw. This will require further research on my part.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Does anybody have an Ooni pizza oven? I got $350 in Amazon gift cards for switching to AT&T and it's the most recent boneheaded purchase I want to make. The responsible thing would be to just consume these gift cards over the next several months with standard purchases.
My son in law got one. Make your own pizza crusts and have wood fired pizza. Good stuff !!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I don't recall our rules on this site as much these days as maybe I once did, but if it is permissible to publicly challenge a moderator to a round of fisticuffs or perhaps even a bout of fencing (my preference is the epee but I am not adverse to either the foil or the sabre if these are your weapons of choice) , then by all means consider your post an invitation to a duel. Of course, if that is not allowable, then please disregard my previous comments and just go on about your daily affairs knowing that you are entirely wrong on this topic. i don't know if those who choose hash over stew are eligible for heaven btw. This will require further research on my part.
It’s probably easier to make hash kosher than it is stew, if that answers any legal questions about being eligible for Abraham’s bosom.

But it absolutely will not taste good.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

Challenge accepted. Come by a tailgate this season and we will hash it out. I'll let you stew on it until then.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Challenge accepted. Come by a tailgate this season and we will hash it out. I'll let you stew on it until then.
Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF