Only off topic coversations!

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
It is hash but regardless rice doesn't belong in a BBQ restaurant. To me hash is basically just a thicker Brunswick stew with out corn and some other stuff. It's what my wife grew up with and her dad still brings some when he comes to visit. I usually just make a pulled pork sandwich and put the hash on top of the pork like sauce.

This is why discussion of BBQ is so dangerous. You need to wash your heathen mouth out right now! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

200.gif

slugboy

Staff member
When i first moved out of state from Ga., I ordered a sandwich with a bowl of Brunswick stew as a side. When the waitress asked me what that was, I thought she was joking at first. I just thought Brunswick stew came with a pulled pork sandwich the same way french fries are served with hamburgers. Sadly, that is NOT the case.
I’m the same way for fried okra.

I’m also old enough to take a hint, but I don’t always manage to do it. I was at Jekyll last year, and the waiter suggested alternative sides when I asked for fried okra—he was right ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Brunswick stew, it seems, is mostly a GA thing, or so it seems. I know they make it elsewhere, but not like the real stuff. I consumed my first bowl at Old Hickory House as a child. I was hooked.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Does anybody have an Ooni pizza oven? I got $350 in Amazon gift cards for switching to AT&T and it's the most recent boneheaded purchase I want to make. The responsible thing would be to just consume these gift cards over the next several months with standard purchases.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Key was apart of one of the best offenses ever at Tech and if not for Roof I truly believe we play for at least on National Championship. Highly doubt Key wants a repeat of his playing days.
It was a great offense. We give Florida St a good run they were just at the top of their game at the time and they were loaded 3 deep at every position. Defense was pretty dang good Florida St was just a little better. One of George O’Learys best teams he built. What a coaching staff he had lol

CEB

Helluva Engineer

Get your recipes ready, jalapenos and all, and take them to South Pittsburg! Put your cornbread where your mouth is!
Probably not coincidentally, South Pittsburg is the home of Lodge cast iron. I’d say more than a subtle clue as to one aspect of the proper preparation of the cornbread. Regardless of your preferred recipe and unique ingredients, don’t bring your entry in muffin tins or bread pans.