Only off topic coversations!

CEB

Helluva Engineer
So many pitfalls

Mustard based sauce vs vinegar based sauce vs dry rub vs bare

Those cowpokes from Texas will argue that BBQ isn't pork, but a way you cook beef

Top with slaw or no

I've seen grown men lose it over BBQ
Can we all at least agree that the apparatus used to create barbecue is not called a “barbecue?”

IMG_8356.gif

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Anybody factored in the dirty cost of producing electricity needed to charge these vehicles? That is not the spent batteries, but the charging costs, not at the plug but at the power station.
was discussing this with my green wife this past weekend. She's smart, so she gets it. People don't get that there is nothing environmentally friendly about the Green movement right now. However, like FSU's approach to getting out of the ACC, it's the long game they're working for. Eventually, the technology WILL catch up. If we don't sink the cost into developing the technology today, we'll never get to where it is economically net-positive in the future. Not sure how I feel about this.

SunBum

Georgia Tech Fan
Popeyes is running a BOGO+$1 on wings
I have had two orders.
They use regular Popeyes fried chicken wings and squirt sauce on them.
One time there was so much sauce the wings were swimming. The other time the wings went for thirst.
I found the sauce to be overly hot, even the mild sauce, and overwhelmed the chicken flavor.
I had one drum that was exactly 1/2 the size of another drum. I was still charged for a full-size wing, though.
I saved all that extra sauce for use later.
I think I’ll just stick with Publix wings.
I got three boys and they all have different preferences for wings but, I tell you, after paying crazy prices for little, shriveled up things at the better known wing places, it's just hard to beat Publix. We usually get a box of the unbreaded ones and toss them at home in our choice of sauces and throw them in the air fryer to heat them up.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Kudos to @stinger78 ... Had to look up the Carroll reference (The older I get, the more I recognize how ignorant I am) and assume reference to Michael and "On the Shores of Titan's Farthest Sea". So, I will go with just the metaphor to life's journey and to try them all then choose what you like from the BBQ menu. 😁

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Bec
Anyone able to explain why we think the sky is blue without mentioning Rayleigh scattering?
Because the sun keeps all the yellow for itself, the plants suck up all the green, and the atmosphere itself saves the reds and oranges for those special sunsets. Last but not least, purple—being the color of royalty—is too snooty to be seen dilly-dallying about in the sky.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
It's startling how long something like the hybrid Maverick has been in short supply because they thought they wouldn't be in as high demand, while they cut production of the Lightning.

I would love a practical hybrid or plug in hybrid to make most of my trips 0-gas but I also want something slightly "different" and of the interesting new ones, they're either in short supply or they are more focused on being "performance" or "luxury" models and cost more than I care to spend on a new vehicle.
I've got an engineer friend who has been driving a Volt for about three years. He doesn't use it for long commutes but goes as far as Johnson City TN about every two months. He thinks it's great technology. Says he goes through about $50 in gas a year.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Kudos to @stinger78 ... Had to look up the Carroll reference (The older I get, the more I recognize how ignorant I am) and assume reference to Michael and "On the Shores of Titan's Farthest Sea". So, I will go with just the metaphor to life's journey and to try them all then choose what you like from the BBQ menu. 😁
Read it again, awbuzz… It was McCartney, not Michael. Here’s a clue: