Only off topic coversations!

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Baked, soaked with butter topped with pimento cheese ( with jalopenos) then baked till crispy....
IMG_8340.gif

Planning tonight‘s menu around crispy jalapeño, pimento cheese, cornbread……

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Not sure where to put this, but this is a quote from one of the Junior Day visitors:

“I met the new cornerback coach today. Coach Brumfield along with the new defensive staff. I have a great relationship with Coach Q. I enjoyed bettering my relationship with everyone. Also, I really like coach Santucci’s vision. He has been very effective everywhere he’s been and the numbers back it up.”

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Are EVs really cost effective,or are hybrids the best thing since cornbread or ICE?
I was originally against EV’s after becoming aware of the growth of unethical cobalt mines. Multiple car companies have made PR efforts to cover this and I think that makes it worse. Apparently future batteries will include less cobalt, but that’s to be seen.
Here’s the other stuff from my favorite car journal. https://www.caranddriver.com/shopping-advice/a32494027/ev-vs-gas-cheaper-to-own/

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Not sure where to put this, but this is a quote from one of the Junior Day visitors:

“I met the new cornerback coach today. Coach Brumfield along with the new defensive staff. I have a great relationship with Coach Q. I enjoyed bettering my relationship with everyone. Also, I really like coach Santucci’s vision. He has been very effective everywhere he’s been and the numbers back it up.”

Brumfield is already on staff, so we will still need to hire another coach to complete the on field assistant coach assignments.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure it won't be Quentin Jones, a Graduate Assistant Coach the last two years. I thought he was the one coaching the DB's for the Bowl game.
I thought I read on one of the offerees links...how much he enjoyed talking to "Coach Q." I was trying to remember who is Coach Q on our staff!

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought I read on one of the offerees links...how much he enjoyed talking to "Coach Q." I was trying to remember who is Coach Q on our staff!
Found the discussion...in an SI article that was linked earlier in this thread. I knew I wasn't making stuff up!

Per Decatur CB Kaleb Lanier: “I met the new cornerback coach today. Coach Brumfield along with the new defensive staff. I have a great relationship with Coach Q. I enjoyed bettering my relationship with everyone. Also, I really like coach Santucci’s vision. He has been very effective everywhere he’s been and the numbers back it up.”

He is saying that Coach Brumfield is the new cornerback coach? Or Coach Q?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
When are we going to get a new baseball head coach?

I was originally against EV’s after becoming aware of the growth of unethical cobalt mines. Multiple car companies have made PR efforts to cover this and I think that makes it worse. Apparently future batteries will include less cobalt, but that’s to be seen.
Here’s the other stuff from my favorite car journal. https://www.caranddriver.com/shopping-advice/a32494027/ev-vs-gas-cheaper-to-own/

Every form of mining is nasty for the people involved and environment. I think batteries are going to greatly evolve and use more obtainable materials.

Anyway, I'm selling my Ford Fusion Energi (Plug in hybrid) since I only need two cars and don't have the space for a third car. (My wife keeps her Murano and my dog keeps her Tacoma.)

I figured out originally that for my case with electric costs that the break even was about $3.00/gallon gas. But that was with the $7K EV rebate I got. I also didn't take into account resale value since I planned to buy and hold. Two things I didn't consider which change the calculation with resale are
1) battery droop in that the battery after 4 years is holding less of a full charge and 2) I expect electric cars to become less expensive as more supply comes on the market. Hertz is dumping 20,000 Teslas (not hybrid but full EV) since they are more expensive to repair and not as in demand as they thought. China is the leading world producer of EVs and while our 27.6% trade barrier tax keeps them out, they are available in the rest of the world to provide somewhat fungible supply.

So if my car is sold, I'll wait to buy a full EV when prices have dropped and there is a much better charging grid. Till then, I'd only go hybrid. (Not a pronoun!)

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
It's startling how long something like the hybrid Maverick has been in short supply because they thought they wouldn't be in as high demand, while they cut production of the Lightning.

I would love a practical hybrid or plug in hybrid to make most of my trips 0-gas but I also want something slightly "different" and of the interesting new ones, they're either in short supply or they are more focused on being "performance" or "luxury" models and cost more than I care to spend on a new vehicle.