Only off topic coversations!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Feel like nobody has put forth the proper theory yet on what’s happening.

One clarifying question. Who is the DC that Key is working with to make the position coach hires?

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I think Key MAY BE having a difficult time finding/naming a DC because if you look consider the overall performance the D had at the end of the season with Sherrer in control with both coaches of DB's Tillman and Thacker both being fired, the lack of talent attributed to the DL, and supposedly poor coaching from Marco, the height of the bar Sherrer raised is pretty damn high.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think Key MAY BE having a difficult time finding/naming a DC because if you look consider the overall performance the D had at the end of the season with Sherrer in control with both coaches of DB's Tillman and Thacker both being fired, the lack of talent attributed to the DL, and supposedly poor coaching from Marco, the height of the bar Sherrer raised is pretty damn high.
Wouldn't that in turn imply that he already has his DC on staff??

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Beach Keep Up GIF by ADWEEK
Wha?? You referring to the Bala guy? Or you saying Santucci is going to Bama?
Try to keep up.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
We’re not overhauling the offensive staff. If we were, that kind of announcement would be appropriate
But we may not be hiring a DC, either. In fact, that looks to be the case. If we changed a couple of offensive position coaches, we wouldn't necessarily announce that Faulkner was back for another year.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
So is the theory here that we're retaining Sherrer at DC and these two hires fill the two vacancies and complete the defensive staff?

It seems odd in light of some of the reports from purported Insiders, like Quinlan. But it does seem to fit the evidence.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Then wouldn’t you just announce that?
Well, since he has been interviewing so many people for the job, according to the media and JOL, and then coming to the conclusion you haven't been able to improve our position at DC, it is kind of an awkward position to be placed.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Well, since he has been interviewing so many people for the job, according to the media and JOL, and then coming to the conclusion you haven't been able to improve our position at DC, it is kind of an awkward position to be placed.
It might be a case where Key is sniffing around just to see what's available, but isn't averse to sticking with Sherrer.
The guy will do whatever he needs to do to improve this team and doesn't seem bashful toward his underlings. I would imagine Sherrer has been fully apprised of his standing.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I would be just fine if Sherrer were kept as the DC. I am also fine with Key looking to see what all is or could be available. I would have to assume Key would be communicating exactly what his plans are to Sherrer before he started the searches.

Sometimes as a leader you have to make the best available decision instead of the perfect decision. I believe Sherrer could be a good DC and may even grow into a great DC, but I can also see Key looking for great right now.

So that gets us where we are today, I dont think it is an awkward situation if he communicated everything up front first

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
The only reason I mentioned a POSSIBLE awkward position is there is a lot of folks on JOL who are seeking a high profile hire ($1+ million) and it has been reported it will not be Sherrer AND Marco will not be DL coach. It's kind of crazy for these internet warriors to get so far in front of our coach who is just doing his job, but IIWII over there. Personally I trust Key to get this thing right whoever it is.
My JOL sub expires in 10 days. 🙂

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You had me going right up until you said Belichick’s interview was strong. I just can’t believe he said more than 5 words to you ;)

LOL...please. I wouldn't even pick up his phone calls. He'll be lucky if my assistant picks up his calls. :)