Only off topic coversations!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If your search process is tight and professional there will be false leads right at the moment everything is set to be revealed, based on old information and earlier searches or interviews finally coming to light.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If your search process is tight and professional there will be false leads right at the moment everything is set to be revealed, based on old information and earlier searches or interviews finally coming to light.

You're starting to become one of the those insufferable bread crumb guys, Northeast...:ROFLMAO:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Based on the coaches under contract, we have 5-6-0 defense coming up…

I swear I saw someone post about a 2-4-5 defense the other day.

This is a weird process, or at least the order of announcements is weird

If Key doesn't name a DC soon, I'm gonna go ahead and name one for him.

Right now it's Patriot's Bill Belichick and Michigan's Jesse Minter are the two finalist. I haven't made a decision yet...gonna have a bowl of ice cream and sleep on it. I will say both interviews were strong...lots to think about.

yellowjacket144

Georgia Tech Fan
Based on the coaches under contract, we have 5-6-0 defense coming up…

I swear I saw someone post about a 2-4-5 defense the other day.

This is a weird process, or at least the order of announcements is weird
That was Russel Johnson that said he needed to look into the 2-4-5 defense this offseason.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
If Key doesn't name a DC soon, I'm gonna go ahead and name one for him.

Right now it's Patriot's Bill Belichick and Michigan's Jesse Minter are the two finalist. I haven't made a decision yet...gonna have a bowl of ice cream and sleep on it. I will say both interviews were strong...lots to think about.
You had me going right up until you said Belichick’s interview was strong. I just can’t believe he said more than 5 words to you ;)

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
How will Key use Pope and Simpson? Now we have hired 2. defensive coaches without naming a new DC publicly. Perhaps the new DC wants these 2 guys and Key isn’t ready to announce the DC yet or the we’re sticking with the interim coach and upgrading the positional coaches and perhaps going after better LB and DL portal guys with NIL money? Thoughts?

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
This is all well and good, but we really need to get this thread back on topic.

1704858604370.png

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
How will Key use Pope and Simpson? Now we have hired 2. defensive coaches without naming a new DC publicly. Perhaps the new DC wants these 2 guys and Key isn’t ready to announce the DC yet or the we’re sticking with the interim coach and upgrading the positional coaches and perhaps going after better LB and DL portal guys with NIL money? Thoughts?
Just that most coaches with any experience have coached multiple positions before and can get up to speed pretty fast. Remember that Paul started out as a DC. Then, of course, the rest is history …

My guess is that the coaches can shift around to where Key or whoever becomes DC (I hear its Paul! No more far fetched then some other names above) wants them.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Just that most coaches with any experience have coached multiple positions before and can get up to speed pretty fast. Remember that Paul started out as a DC. Then, of course, the rest is history …

My guess is that the coaches can shift around to where Key or whoever becomes DC (I hear its Paul! No more far fetched then some other names above) wants them.
Especially given Pope previously coached linebackers and Simpson has college asst. head coach, HS DC, and HS head coach on the resume.

Do find it interesting Bala is being thrown around when Quinlan explicitly said we aren't interviewing inexperienced DC's. Perhaps we changed strategies and are going with better positional coaches to help a newer DC transition in?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Especially given Pope previously coached linebackers and Simpson has college asst. head coach, HS DC, and HS head coach on the resume.

Do find it interesting Bala is being thrown around when Quinlan explicitly said we aren't interviewing inexperienced DC's. Perhaps we changed strategies and are going with better positional coaches to help a newer DC transition in?

Bala would be a good LB coach hire. Wonder why that named got floated out there in the first place for DC.