Only off topic coversations!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Guess Saban saw something in him I don't see his 2 years at Southern Utah as DC were bad very bad.

But he does have hair.

Althouth Faulkner did have some success at MTSU, I felt the same way about him when Faulkner rumors started to leak last year.

Bala is interesting. Very shallow experience in terms of coordinating. Word on Saban is he is VERY honest about someone's ability. He won't sugarcoat whether he thinks someone will succeed in a role...whether it's one of his players in the NFL, or a coach moving on. I'm sure Key and Saban still have a good relationship.

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
Althouth Faulkner did have some success at MTSU, I felt the same way about him when Faulkner rumors started to leak last year.

Bala is interesting. Very shallow experience in terms of coordinating. Word on Saban is he is VERY honest about someone's ability. He won't sugarcoat whether he thinks someone will succeed in a role...whether it's one of his players in the NFL, or a coach moving on. I'm sure Key and Saban still have a good relationship.
There’s the J Batt connection as well with J having come to Tech by way of Alabama.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t know that Bala would be the right choice. He barely has any DC experience, and it sounds like he didn’t do very well in those roles. Given his resume, I’d rather go with Ted Roof. And I’d rather go with Scherrer than Roof. At a minimum, whoever we hire needs to be more promising than Scherrer.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't care who we hire as long as they come in, demand the players give 100%, play aggressive, attack and defend every inch of the field like their lives depend on it. I am tired of seeing us give up whatever the opponent needs to beat us in key situations. I loved watching Michigan play D last night. You could tell they wanted it and played with the fire of a champion.

Go Jackets!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know that Bala would be the right choice. He barely has any DC experience, and it sounds like he didn’t do very well in those roles. Given his resume, I’d rather go with Ted Roof. And I’d rather go with Scherrer than Roof. At a minimum, whoever we hire needs to be more promising than Scherrer.
People are floating balloons to see how “the important people” respond. Your opinion might mean something. Mine, not so much.

P.S. I really really love how Key is playing this.