Only off topic coversations!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Kelly said he knows who has been interviewed. But he can not give names based on how close he is to the situation. Basically, in a nutshell he gets information and stays quiet. In return he gets to have first chance to break the story. It's a situation of one hand washes the other type of deal.
All of which suggests Key is organized and methodical. He’s had his sights set from the beginning.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
IMG_3586.jpeg

slugboy

Staff member
@yellowjacket144 there aren’t a ton of rumors right now. Some long time fans called contacts they had in the AA months ago and heard we were interviewing. Everything else is guessing—maybe decent guessing.

Of the places that cover GT football, very little is being said. Kelly and Russell over at Rivals are saying more than just about anyone.

It’s a hiring process, and it can be pretty chaotic. There are some legal requirements to keep things quiet—and since some candidates are probably employed elsewhere right now, they don’t want their names out there.

On offense, Key hired young-ish journeyman coaches with an innovative tilt. He could do the same on defense, but Key’s background is as an offensive coach, and he might be more comfortable overseeing that side of the ball.

On defense, he could find young-ish and innovative coaches, or he could find someone who needs no supervision. Tenuta reportedly just ran the defense and all of that segment of the game under Chan. I don’t think Key wants to be that hands-off, but he might appreciate someone really senior there.

The AFCA conference should be done. An answer in the next two weeks seems likely (guess).

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
@yellowjacket144 there aren’t a ton of rumors right now. Some long time fans called contacts they had in the AA months ago and heard we were interviewing. Everything else is guessing—maybe decent guessing.

Of the places that cover GT football, very little is being said. Kelly and Russell over at Rivals are saying more than just about anyone.

It’s a hiring process, and it can be pretty chaotic. There are some legal requirements to keep things quiet—and since some candidates are probably employed elsewhere right now, they don’t want their names out there.

On offense, Key hired young-ish journeyman coaches with an innovative tilt. He could do the same on defense, but Key’s background is as an offensive coach, and he might be more comfortable overseeing that side of the ball.

On defense, he could find young-ish and innovative coaches, or he could find someone who needs no supervision. Tenuta reportedly just ran the defense and all of that segment of the game under Chan. I don’t think Key wants to be that hands-off, but he might appreciate someone really senior there.

The AFCA conference should be done. An answer in the next two weeks seems likely (guess).
Yep, we’re just waiting for the playoff championship game to be over before we announce getting Michigan’s DC.

Oops! Did I give too much away?

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I expect O'Leary is helping Key find the right guy.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
There are better Willett products. Decent, but overpriced for what you get. Try to find Willett Family Estate bottled bourbon. That is worth the effort.
It was just a bottle that needed finishing. And this thread was the perfect excuse.

I’m actually quite happy most of the time with Buffalo Trace. There are several other usual suspects but Trace suits my taste consistently for some reason.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I did the legwork for you and listened (ear work?:unsure:)

Most pertinent part is he seemed to intimate that none of the names he originally put out as candidates even interviewed. Durkin, Arnett, the Duke guy. If I hear right, none of them interviewed, which throws everything for a loop for me.

Said he wouldn't put his new 3 names out for free. I guess that's good because his 'names' apparently sucked the first go 'round.

Other than that, reconfirmed Coleman likely gone. Basically said he sucked anyway.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It was just a bottle that needed finishing. And this thread was the perfect excuse.

I’m actually quite happy most of the time with Buffalo Trace. There are several other usual suspects but Trace suits my taste consistently for some reason.
Hard to find around here now. Knob Creek is my usual suspect.

I haven't heard anything new about a new DC. I also haven't heard anything about Marco Coleman or Kevin Sherrer. I think it's odd that Thacker and Tillman were moved to off-field positions early and there has been no information about the other two. When Gaudin interviewed Key at the docks in Tampa he specifically asked if there were plans for additional changes to the defense. Key very quickly said no and moved on. It was obviously a topic he didn't want to discuss, but he did say no when asked.