One Undeniable Offensive Improvement

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought I saw jt was almost expecting a defender to be close to him on a couple of pass plays where the protection was just great. If I'm right, I can't really blame him because of the horrible pass pro we've had for the past several years. Just hope it continues and he can put a little trust in that line

joeyE

Georgia Tech Fan
We don't do much short passing. If I understand our O, the purpose of passing for us is to prevent the safeties from cheating up, & generally stretch the field, to allow more room for the rushing attack.
Short, over-the-middle passes don't do anything to accomplish that.
While they might be successful, I'm guessing that CPJ would prefer not to pass for 4-6 yards when any given run play could (and should) go for 20 yards.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Except those times when the run game is getting crushed like against BC, then it would be great to have short/mid passes to move the sticks

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Justin's height might influence PJ's decision not to run slants and quick passes over the middle. I don't understand why we aren't running a quick comeback pass or screen to MLD on the corner since he would be isolated one on one out there with a good chance to beat his man. I am surprised we don't run a QB run-pass option with JT more often which should help freeze the crashing LB's and corners.