OL

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Will burned his redshirt the second play of the Alcorn State game. He did not enroll early to redshirt. He played in 10 games starting 6. He was determined to play his freshman year. There was never intention for him to redshirt.
I forgot to mention that will moves like a great linemen who my son followed in high school- dan neil (UT All American and Denver Broncos). Helped set up films coach showed boosters where he highlighted dan neal. When dan went to texas, he was under great strength coach who got dan to really improve leg strengh each year.
Imo. Will has natural skills and will have the wheels.

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree flea, but- they have to keep their feet under the pads- and when they dive have contact. When it's a pass - they have to sit down and give Jet more then 3 seconds. As short as he is he needs more time then the typical QB. Unless we roll out and the line gates--(which I have no clue why we don't). Hopefully like you, I hope the new coach can help.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I agree flea, but- they have to keep their feet under the pads- and when they dive have contact. When it's a pass - they have to sit down and give Jet more then 3 seconds. As short as he is he needs more time then the typical QB. Unless we roll out and the line gates--(which I have no clue why we don't). Hopefully like you, I hope the new coach can help.
When you roll out, you eliminate half the field and make the other half easy to defend. When you have guys who can't get separation... Even when we did roll out, the D was on JeT lickity split.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I fear they will blitz the offside to trail the ab as he goes in motion bringing even more pressure.
In orange bowl this was tried but failed because there was no strong side pressure.
Last year IMO it seemed the pressure was stepped into the backfield. If this happens and they are very aggressive trailing the play when the play is slowed down. Jet will get sandwiched.

Yes, if we call good counter plays they could break big. WOULD love to see will counter pull and clean some clock.

Going to be fun.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I fear they will blitz the offside to trail the ab as he goes in motion bringing even more pressure.
In orange bowl this was tried but failed because there was no strong side pressure.
Last year IMO it seemed the pressure was stepped into the backfield. If this happens and they are very aggressive trailing the play when the play is slowed down. Jet will get sandwiched.
I think this was largely because all of our speed was on the sidelines after the first three games. If they try this next year, we'll counter and belly series dive them to death.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think this was largely because all of our speed was on the sidelines after the first three games. If they try this next year, we'll counter and belly series dive them to death.
Agree we shouldbe able to run them if clicking.
Just expect more pressure from strong fast teams till we call and run the right plays