OL blocking change

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
My guess about the safeties is that VT has been burned by the big play and the long pass the past two games against us and he knows CPJ is just waiting to pull that trigger (although this year I am not sure there is much pulling the pass trigger will accomplish). People play their 3 technique T off the LOS to help avert the cut block and to get in better position to pursue laterally, in this case the sweep. In this case CPJ had a plan and stayed ahead in the chess match with Foster.
With need to find pl laying time for young ol guys he made the switch against duke and I was critical.
This week he played vt who had an inexperienced front 7 , but he had extra few days practice, he added a zone blocking end sweep , he kept the young guys in and the team administered a serious beat down. AMAZING Coaching.

Now All we need is to gut out the rest of the season. We are a group of angry young men with something to prove.

Even with all the fumbles, fake punts, td returns , new defense, dropped td passes we are stil in a position to successful thanks to coach's brilliant offensive mind.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ya, I was hoping for more discussion and had a description in my tweet just in case he used another term. But, CPJ did not want to bore people with details.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
After slipping past the dl, 75 was down field looking for moving targets. Sorry not head hunting. He was seldom involved in d team.

Quite right. It is true that the term "head hunting" is meant for defensive backs and linebackers in particular who are especially hard hitters but in this case for the esteemed number 75 we should make an exception because, by George, he does look like a head hunter when he pulls or gets down field. I have a friend who raises cattle here in south Georgia and was showing me his prize bull one day. Watch this he says: He climbs over the fence and waves something near one of the cows, sure enough here he comes at a gallop and my friend bounds over the fence and says see what I mean? Yes, number 75 is like that bull always arriving in a bad mood looking for someone to level.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
She might have been right. Oth, the courtroom scene in Animal House has a Tennessee flag at the front of the room for a reason. Party weekend at Sewanee was one of the inspirations for the film. I barely survived that myself.
I wonder what they are like now that Sewanee is coed. When I was there it was not coed and Party weekend was almost non stop from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon, Curfew was 4 AM for our dates. I don't recall any as wild as some in Animal House however. I was there many years ago.