Oklahoma

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Schniederjans pitched 1-hit ball over 5 innings. Perfect 1st time through the order.
Had 6 Ks: 2 in 3rd; 1 in 4th; 3 in 5th.
Had 2 GB outs...both in 4th.
The other 7 outs were fly balls... all in 1st 3 innings.
70-ish pitches
Seemed to just be heating up when he was pulled.
The best pitching performance of the season, right? Is there any reason he can't (or shouldn't) start this Sunday against UNC?

Newnan Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I've heard Connor Thomas should be available to pitch pretty soon and apparently he was very good in the fall. If Curry and Hughes can improve as he season progresses then maybe Ben S. or Thomas can nail down that Sunday spot, we could do pretty well. As you mentioned, the bullpen could be really good with Datoc-Zac-Carpenter-Parr-Dulaney-Shadday-Archer...and don't forget that Gibson had really good numbers last year out of the bullpen, just never translated to the starting role...so he is another arm that may excel in the bullpen.

I did notice today that both pitchers threw a lot of fastballs--don't recall seeing too many offspeed pitches. If you can locate fastballs, you will have success.
Has Connor Thomas been injured? I had heard he was ineligible so far

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Didn't think the game would be so low scoring. Good Pitching on both sides.

Got to believe the weather contributed to that a lot. Fly balls die in cold weather, don't they? I did not see the game though, so maybe throwing strikes had more to do with it, I dunno.