Ok, I'll say it. This just sucks

Hummm, we lost to Georgie in basketball by 21. We lost the big German to Mr. worms with machine guns. Where the hell is my Rabbit's foot, our luck needs to change.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Whaat?? Just a week ago someone posted how this class was ranked in the 30s and we’ll on our way to the best in CPJ’s tenure. What happent??
Some cpj/roof apologist might have. I follow recruiting pretty closely and we haven't sniffed a top 30 ranking at any point in time since 2007. btw the class is now ranked 56.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
This strikes me as an odd criticism when we wouldn’t even be playing now anyway. I’m not really interested in practice updates, and a bowl game against some random school, while better than no game at all, is only marginally worse.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Here it is December and I have lost my excitement for College Football. With Tech not in a bowl I have quit listening to Sirius XM College Football, have not reviewed what bowl games I want to watch. And worst of all will end up watching Georgia in the play offs. The only thing I am tracking is recruiting. Heck even Tech basketball doesn't interest me, probably because they don't win much.

Any one else out there in the Holiday Blues.
I totally understand, if Tech's out in any sport I quickly lose interest. The only quibble I have with your post is it's georgie and won't you be watching Oklahoma not them? ;)

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
Here it is December and I have lost my excitement for College Football. With Tech not in a bowl I have quit listening to Sirius XM College Football, have not reviewed what bowl games I want to watch. And worst of all will end up watching Georgia in the play offs. The only thing I am tracking is recruiting. Heck even Tech basketball doesn't interest me, probably because they don't win much.

Any one else out there in the Holiday Blues.

Holiday Blues...in Colorado? Just spend your extra time on the slopes and those Blues will be history.

Holiday Blues...in Colorado? Just spend your extra time on the slopes and those Blues will be history.
It's funny, before I moved here in 1998 I pictured myself in the mountains all the time, camping, hunting, skiing. Well wife, kids, job and the mountains an hour from Denver, well not much time. I get my one weekend to hunt, because you only get 8 days to hunt, I ski only at Christmas because my mother in law lives in Aspen. I might as well live in the Atlanta suburbs and in fact want to move back to Georgia. Every one hears Denver and thinks skiing mountains etc. I might as well be living in Chicago.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
It's funny, before I moved here in 1998 I pictured myself in the mountains all the time, camping, hunting, skiing. Well wife, kids, job and the mountains an hour from Denver, well not much time. I get my one weekend to hunt, because you only get 8 days to hunt, I ski only at Christmas because my mother in law lives in Aspen. I might as well live in the Atlanta suburbs and in fact want to move back to Georgia. Every one hears Denver and thinks skiing mountains etc. I might as well be living in Chicago.
I had a roommate at Tech who was from New York. I had visited NY the year before and went up the Empire State building and Statue of Liberty, but he had done neither. Said they were only for tourists. :)

JACKetsfan

Georgia Tech Fan
Enjoy holiday time while you’ve got it and all of you quit your whining already. The next four years are going to be epic pedal to the metal til mid Jan. The White & Gold game will be here before you know it. Time to unleash the redshirts, Go Jackets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaTechNation

Georgia Tech Fan
Nope, its not. We are falling further and further behind to the point where a 7-5 season will be a good one.

I said it’s decent. It is. Watch the highlight tapes of the players. C’Bo has led Georgia in rushing yards the last two yards. Dontae Smith is an all state player who had over 2,000 yards. Jaylon King is a big physical CB which is what we need. Maye won three out of four state championships and is a monster. Jamarcus Chatman is a highly sought after defensive end who has a good chance to come here. Most of our OL are faster than typica Ol and are perfect for the triple option but that doesn’t show on stars so people like you who just look at stars don’t realize that most Triple Option players and other players aren’t highly rated. Just look up players who weren’t 3 Stars+. J.J. Watt, Tony Romo, Edelman, Alex Mack, Brent Grimes, Bobby Wagner, etc. CBo, if he played at a popular school, would have more than 2 stars. Robert Godhigh wasn’t given a rating. Clinton Lynch, Corey Griffin, and P.J. Davis were all 2 stars. Step Durham was a 3 Star and wasn’t even that good. Stars and rankings mean nothing. Shaq Mason was low rated and started and won a super bowl. Corey Griffin was a 2 Star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
I said it’s decent. It is. Watch the highlight tapes of the players. C’Bo has led Georgia in rushing yards the last two yards. Dontae Smith is an all state player who had over 2,000 yards. Jaylon King is a big physical CB which is what we need. Maye won three out of four state championships and is a monster. Jamarcus Chatman is a highly sought after defensive end who has a good chance to come here. Most of our OL are faster than typica Ol and are perfect for the triple option but that doesn’t show on stars so people like you who just look at stars don’t realize that most Triple Option players and other players aren’t highly rated. Just look up players who weren’t 3 Stars+. J.J. Watt, Tony Romo, Edelman, Alex Mack, Brent Grimes, Bobby Wagner, etc. CBo, if he played at a popular school, would have more than 2 stars. Robert Godhigh wasn’t given a rating. Clinton Lynch, Corey Griffin, and P.J. Davis were all 2 stars. Step Durham was a 3 Star and wasn’t even that good. Stars and rankings mean nothing. Shaq Mason was low rated and started and won a super bowl. Corey Griffin was a 2 Star.

2018 All-Name Team

DRgWeyIUEAAdjUF.jpg

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
They’ve never had six five stars in a signing class before.

This is true. I'm afraid it's not looking good for us right now. We have seen over the last 6 years how Clemson's elite recruiting has virtually made out annual game very one sided. I am very fearful that Kirby is doing the same thing in Athens. I could easily see another 8 game win streak happen in this series like we had from 2001-2007.

Sorry just not very optimistic right now.