Offseason - Baseball

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
I love the speed, but we are so over stacked and staffed in the OF I don't see how he's going to get any time.
He was supposed to be in the 2020 class and didn't play this last season....More power to him and great to have options, but with the reduction in roster spots, etc. I don't see how he gets any time to make it worth it.

I get he's free given the FB scholarship, but still. We have a TON of OF.....

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I love the speed, but we are so over stacked and staffed in the OF I don't see how he's going to get any time.
He was supposed to be in the 2020 class and didn't play this last season....More power to him and great to have options, but with the reduction in roster spots, etc. I don't see how he gets any time to make it worth it.

I'm working on a roster update to show exactly that point. We are going to have a hard time getting to 40 without Nate. If he had a great glove / arm at 3rd or could catch, then maybe.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Did you get to watch any practice at GT last weekend? I heard the team looks good.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Did you get to watch any practice at GT last weekend? I heard the team looks good.

Can anyone say who is and who is not dressed out and playing? Trying to do roster update.

Also, any reports from upcoming game / White/Gold would be appreciated. We didn't' get much info last year but maybe better this year. Televised? (tic)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here's my current roster from the info I have. I know some isn't current but it's a place to start. Biggest fun thing is I put in links to either Baseball Cube stats or Perfect Game if no Baseball Cube data.

46 potential players and 40 slots.

I'll update as we get info from the scrimmages coming up. Looking at 3B, we do have some options there and can't wait to see who plays, especially in all the White/Gold games. At C, it Parada or Rubenstein or Giesler.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Here's my current roster from the info I have. I know some isn't current but it's a place to start. Biggest fun thing is I put in links to either Baseball Cube stats or Perfect Game if no Baseball Cube data.

46 potential players and 40 slots.

I'll update as we get info from the scrimmages coming up. Looking at 3B, we do have some options there and can't wait to see who plays, especially in all the White/Gold games. At C, it Parada or Rubenstein or Giesler.

I think that Tervell Johnson transferred if I'm not mistaken.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think that Tervell Johnson transferred if I'm not mistaken.

He was in transfer portal but may be playing with team. That's where feedback from the scrimmages will help. D1 doesn't show him as having gone anywhere ...... but as with most things, that isn't conclusive.
1633694202065.png

Tim Borden get a shot at 3B? Didn't get PT at L'Ville.
1633694394783.png

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Tried to share pics and it wouldn't let me. Too big. Oh well.

Here is last year about Gold/White Series. Would be nice to have that information this year.
Need to book flights.

I talked with my GTAA contact today and asked that GT provide stats for the scrimmages (17 & 30 Oct) this year. He said someone else had asked and would look into it.

Wouldn't hurt if others asked ;)

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
anyone with BA access got the lowdown on the breakdown? Would love to find out what dates for other games. I keep asking someone to ask, but someone keeps forgetting. Asked him again today for specifics.....