Officiating

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Is anybody else besides me just POed at this crew? That first no fumble was a JOKE. I was so mad after that I couldn't get my head back on straight for about 10 minutes. Did anybody else notice they failed to run the clock on the next to last play before the Hail Mary? That's right. There was 12 seconds left in the half. The ball was shotgun snapped and a read option run play for 5 yards happened for a first down. The clock then stopped to move the chains with 11 seconds left. You tell me how only a single second can run off on that play! I was screaming at the flat screen because the next play should have ended the half with no Hail Mary attempt even happening. We got jobbed today big time. It doesn't matter now, but it doesn't change the fact that it mattered a lot then.

Is anybody else besides me just POed at this crew? That first no fumble was a JOKE. I was so mad after that I couldn't get my head back on straight for about 10 minutes. Did anybody else notice they failed to run the clock on the next to last play before the Hail Mary? That's right. There was 12 seconds left in the half. The ball was shotgun snapped and a read option run play for 5 yards happened for a first down. The clock then stopped to move the chains with 11 seconds left. You tell me how only a single second can run off on that play! I was screaming at the flat screen because the next play should have ended the half with no Hail Mary attempt even happening. We got jobbed today big time. It doesn't matter now, but it doesn't change the fact that it mattered a lot then.
I think everybody in the entire stadium thought there had been a fumble. Totally incomprehensible, but you know what? TECH WON ANYWAY !!!

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer

I was ticked off about that as well. I (briefly) rewound the DVR, and I was surprised to see that they actually started that play with 16 seconds on the clock. I'm guessing the refs added some time back, for some unknown reason. I'll have to rewatch that in detail, tomorrow...which means, later today.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The fumble was complete BS. The 1 second going off the clock was because MSU actually called their TO with 17 seconds left and not 12.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Yes I noticed it and wondered what the heck was going on. and the fumble play was unreal as well.
BTW I'm still pissed at the officiating in the Duke game.

Last edited:

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I spent most of the game arguing whether the BIG TEN crew would be more biased against the SEC or the ACC
I did with myself. If they make that forward progress call, then we beat Ugag at least 14 points and we lose very few fumbles this year. By the way, I thought they did a pretty good job overall.

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the officiating was pretty good overall, compared to your average ACC game.

That being said, the mistakes they made were massive (I wasn't as pissed about the whistle, as I was by the fact that they let MSU run a play almost immediately without even reviewing the play) and you are absolutely right about the end of the half shenanigans. I don't understand why they got those couple of plays so wrong, but in general I think they were pretty good.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
We should have called timeout on the fumble.

Not sure what to do about the clock not running (I was yelling at the TV, but that wasn't an effective strategy).

/

Alexlongstride

Georgia Tech Fan
Believe it or not but that no fumble call made me realize that even the referees were against us and I relaxed because I knew nothing could stop us last night just like it couldn't stop us in Athens with those bull**** calls from the refs

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
That call was made so the game wouldn't get out of hand in my opinion.
You'd be correct. The announcers didn't even buy the BS the referee in the box was trying to sell them. They said they can't review forward progress so... a timeout wouldn't have helped there. I thought playing to and thru the whistle was created for a reason. You should not call fwd progress unless it's definitive they aren't going fwd anymore or there a group of players standing around holding them up.