Official Postgame: GT 23-Duke 20

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Yeah but we have work and Keys needs to figure out how to let time tick off the clock before the snap. Might be on Sims, though So IDK.
Too many times in the 4th we didn't allow the clocked at you a few more seconds by simply waiting to snap the ball with less than 10 seconds left on the play clock. Eight plays running additional 7 seconds would have been 56 seconds which would not have left enough time for Duke to score their final touchdown...

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
We probably deserve to lose after that fold but that was a BS roughing call that allowed Duke to go down and score. Just glad to see us pull out a win for once.

I'm really hoping Sims is ok. Really like seeing him utilize his legs in this offense. Really opens up some passing lanes.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
From my view in the west stands that roughing call was awful. But congrats to the defense for winning that game for us. And no turnovers in the last two games. We are no longer no beating ourselves with bad penalties and turnovers. Also it was nice to not see the juice crew or whatever it was called jumping up and down on the sidelines. Time to get more fans in the stands. Football on the flats is fun again.

2ndgenjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Other than the punt returns (and we can complain but none blocked) and the 81
TE who should not see the field our guys played great with a lot of heart. A win builds confidence and to lose that one would have devastated them. Get healthy and win the next one Jackets!

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
From my view in the west stands that roughing call was awful. But congrats to the defense for winning that game for us. And no turnovers in the last two games. We are no longer no beating ourselves with bad penalties and turnovers. Also it was nice to not see the juice crew or whatever it was called jumping up and down on the sidelines. Time to get more fans in the stands. Football on the flats is fun again.
It's amazing what not making bone headed coaching mistakes looks like.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Just a SWAG, but looked about 32-33k in the stands. Lower west & lower north were full, even into OT. A lot of energy that has been absent for several years. The players definitely fed off it.
Yeah, I could feel the energy through the radio. The fans booing the refs was pretty loud and the fans cheered really loud a split second before Demetra announced that Duke had missed the FG. My heart was pounding out of my chest!

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, simple clock management hurt us. Sims has played enough football to know he needs to bleed the clock without having a coach tell him to. Key or Long should have called him over and jerked a knot in his arse for not doing it. Poor coaching here as well. Long called a lot of bad plays. We have to learn to run the ball on third and 2 and quit throwing it like a bunch of pansies. Our punter is a head case. Just kick the damn ball out of bounds you knucklehead. Key is a big improvement over what we had but he is learning on the job. He needs to kick some of these guys' missing blocks and tackles in the butt and take them out of the game if they can not get the job done. We normally lose these games but the football gods were kind to us tonight. Thanks!