Official MBS Announcement: 5 Games over 5 Years

Animal02

Banned
The schedule is tough already. Two p5 OOC opponents is enough. That's "big boy" football.
Not according to so many posters here during the CPJ years......despite the fact that the FCS game giving us an extra home game was a big moneymaker. It is comical seeing some of these posters do a 180 on everything they pushed the last decade.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Wait a second.....let me get this straight. So you are the self appointed monitor?

Just to be clear....going forward all posts must be positive in nature without question or caveat.

I think I’m clear....nothing but rainbows and unicorns from here on.

*Notifying all Swarm members.....the above is our new forum posting policy....any deviation will incur severe consequences*

Man I’m glad you are here to keep order.
Where did you see that? I asked why all his posts are negative and he basically said it’s because everyone else is too positive, that we are all caught up in the hype. So his purpose is to keep us balanced I guess. My point is that so far I haven’t noticed anything that he likes. There must be something, right?

Also there are lots of people posting negative thoughts on various topics you included. But you have also been positive about some things as well. Just wondering what his deal is. But I appreciate you standing up for him

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Where did you see that? I asked why all his posts are negative and he basically said it’s because everyone else is too positive, that we are all caught up in the hype. So his purpose is to keep us balanced I guess. My point is that so far I haven’t noticed anything that he likes. There must be something, right?

Also there are lots of people posting negative thoughts on various topics you included. But you have also been positive about some things as well. Just wondering what his deal is. But I appreciate you standing up for him

I was probably being a little too snarky to you as I haven’t seen you attack another poster on a position prior to this. So I apologize to you in this instance even though I believe you mischaractorized Animal.

But I’ve grown tired of a recent notion among some here that everyone should agree with anything and everything Tech does or a current staffer / administrator says. And when this group feels someone “isn’t on board” they resort to juvenile antics and personal attacks like calling someone a pejorative simply for having that differing opinion.

What’s particularly annoying is most of this group previously attacked the prior staff quite vociferously. So their current hypocrisy is a bit grating. And I think that behavior may be what gets Animal riled up at times but you would have to ask him. As for his prior posts he has often been a defender of Tech in many cases even if a pragmatic defender.

As to the small mob currently demanding group think, and I’m not saying that is you, piss on them. They can remain butthurt because they aren’t likely to change minds with their idiotic ranting. And they aren’t gonna quiet anyone with their childish personal attacks. Y’all know who you are :D

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Also, it is easier to keep existing customers than it is to replace them with new ones.

Normally this is absolutely correct. At GT, however, we have a rapidly aging fan base that isn't growing fast enough on the younger side to offset the losses on the older side. That's why I think we're seeing riskier moves to change the brand and image at GT.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
But I’ve grown tired of a recent notion among some here that everyone should agree with anything and everything Tech does or a current staffer / administrator says. And when this group feels someone “isn’t on board” they resort to juvenile antics and personal attacks like calling someone a pejorative simply for having that differing opinion.

This is absolutely true. I am still on the wait and see train with regards to CGC. I am enthusiastic about the MBS deal though. I've been around long enough to know that it's ok to disagree with people, and yet still support them and wish them success.

Unfortunately, some on here have tilted exactly in the opposite direction and have been so negative about everything that it's hard to find anything that they agree with.

Either way, these are the facts:

1. CGC is the HC
2. We will play one game a year in MBS for 5 years
3. The only things I control are my attitude and my attendance

So, with all that said, I'll be at the games this year pulling for our boys on the Flats, and in a year I'll attend at least one game in MBS for a few seasons.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This is absolutely true. I am still on the wait and see train with regards to CGC. I am enthusiastic about the MBS deal though. I've been around long enough to know that it's ok to disagree with people, and yet still support them and wish them success.

Unfortunately, some on here have tilted exactly in the opposite direction and have been so negative about everything that it's hard to find anything that they agree with.

1. CGC is the HC

So, with all that said, I'll be at the games this year pulling for our boys on the Flats, and in a year I'll attend at least one game in MBS for a few seasons.

Agree 100%.....but I’ll damn sure be grumbling about MBS while there! :D

Animal02

Banned

1. CGC is the HC

Even in our old age..Ma Tech giving the shaft .;)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I personally hate this deal because I hate MBS.

But I understand the reasoning behind trying it and sincerely hope that it works to help with recruiting and help launch us into a new level of football prowess.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I personally hate this deal because I hate MBS.

But I understand the reasoning behind trying it and sincerely hope that it works to help with recruiting and help launch us into a new level of football prowess.

If the reasoning proves faulty I’ll be more displeased.

Milwaukee

Banned
I get that point of view and have mixed feelings. I'm just disputing the claims that it'll be an away game. Only argument I see there is there could be diminishing returns as the novelty wears off over time. But, we split the stadium with Tennessee, so the single point of data we have suggests it won't be an away game.

I was at the TN game at the Benz, we Tech fans had that bit** rocking. Don't let anyone tell you different. I'd apologized to my mates beforehand with the whole "Look, we're not a large fanbase, it's not going to be like watching Wisconsin or Michigan at a neutral site where you guys come flowing in 100k deep...). I was wrong, and was very proud to be wrong that day. We Tech fans came out in big numbers and had the Benz jumpin. That's our house, get your mind right fellas.

Mood everytime we walk in the Benz:
ezgif-2-2158d044dd44.gif

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I was at the TN game at the Benz, we Tech fans had that bit** rocking. Don't let anyone tell you different. I'd apologized to my mates beforehand with the whole "Look, we're not a large fanbase, it's not going to be like watching Wisconsin or Michigan at a neutral site where you guys come flowing in 100k deep...). I was wrong, and was very proud to be wrong that day. We Tech fans came out in big numbers and had the Benz jumpin. That's our house, get your mind right fellas.

View attachment 5286

I was there too, I brought three friends I've converted to Tech fans. We had a blast, it's an exciting venue. I did have to do some mountain climbing to get to my seats in the upper level. I am excited about going back and playing Notre Dame there. We rode MARTA in from the I-20 west station, crossed one street and we were there. Tech has lacked a marketing plan forever and in our social media world marketing is critical, as is winning, but you have to have both to compete today. I'm an old guy that treasures tradition, but tradition can be combined with modern marketing without losing its integrity.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I am still a wait and see.....however, I look at all the possible outcomes. I see a lot of potential pitfalls that do not appear to be thought through. People will remember the gaffs far more than the good. Also, it is easier to keep existing customers than it is to replace them with new ones. Sure the ND game will sell out....odds are it will not be a home crowd. I think the off year games are the big peril. How many times has BDS sold out for big conference games? How many times in the ACC have teams been picked to win / compete and completely fall flat? So the team is selected based on the previous year, and they pull a GT '15? As I posted earlier....this could have been a serious win win had they scrapped the FCS game and replaced it with a Marquee matchup....I live in Detroit......the announcement is a nothing burger outside of the local area.

It seems to be very hard to figure some fonts (@Animal02?) out. They (@Animal02) argue that GT will never recruit consistently in the top 25 due to certain challenges. But they (@Animal02) think GT should be ranked in the top 25 while playing an ACC + 3 tough P5 OCG schedule (not that any SEC powerhouse ever plays more than one P5 OCG). They seem to have “glass full” expectations while having “glass totally empty” attitude?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
It seems to be very hard to figure some fonts (@Animal02?) out. They (@Animal02) argue that GT will never recruit consistently in the top 25 due to certain challenges. But they (@Animal02) think GT should be ranked in the top 25 while playing an ACC + 3 tough P5 OCG schedule (not that any SEC powerhouse ever plays more than one P5 OCG). They seem to have “glass full” expectations while having “glass totally empty” attitude?

You misunderstand him.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I am still a wait and see.....however, I look at all the possible outcomes. I see a lot of potential pitfalls that do not appear to be thought through. People will remember the gaffs far more than the good. Also, it is easier to keep existing customers than it is to replace them with new ones. Sure the ND game will sell out....odds are it will not be a home crowd. I think the off year games are the big peril. How many times has BDS sold out for big conference games? How many times in the ACC have teams been picked to win / compete and completely fall flat? So the team is selected based on the previous year, and they pull a GT '15? As I posted earlier....this could have been a serious win win had they scrapped the FCS game and replaced it with a Marquee matchup....I live in Detroit......the announcement is a nothing burger outside of the local area.
You’re right that there are no guarantees in how this will turn out. But it will mean an early season prime time nationally televised game. That’s got to be a positive right? Also wouldn’t have expected the announcement to make any ripples in Detroit. It hasn’t in Greensboro either, at least not yet. But it will when the games are played and when other ACC teams are trying to get those 2 open slots. Bottom line is we have to be a winning program for it to matter but to me this is just another step in setting the stage for us to up our game.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

View attachment 5286

It would be nice to have that mood / mindset at BDS also. Tech fans can rival any fanbase out there....when they want to. There just isn’t enough “want to” typically.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
It would be nice to have that mood / mindset at BDS also. Tech fans can rival any fanbase out there....when they want to. There just isn’t enough “want to” typically.

The 2015 FSU game was pretty loud and exciting.(Not just from an outcome standpoint, but from a fan engagement standpoint) The GT fans were pretty involved during the Virginia game this past season.

Fans aren't always involved though. I have to admit that I am guilty. During games with lesser opponents, I am usually not as loud during third downs. Often, even with good opponents, I don't get very loud until later in the game when a third down is going to have a big impact on the outcome. IF the GT crowd was as loud at the beginning of games as we were during the FSU blocked kick, BDS would be a different atmosphere.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The 2015 FSU game was pretty loud and exciting.(Not just from an outcome standpoint, but from a fan engagement standpoint) The GT fans were pretty involved during the Virginia game this past season.

Fans aren't always involved though. I have to admit that I am guilty. During games with lesser opponents, I am usually not as loud during third downs. Often, even with good opponents, I don't get very loud until later in the game when a third down is going to have a big impact on the outcome. IF the GT crowd was as loud at the beginning of games as we were during the FSU blocked kick, BDS would be a different atmosphere.

Yep. Early in the game 3rd downs are just as important as late 4th Qtr ones. We may just not feel the same amount of tension early but they are just as impactful in the final outcome. Noise on 1st and 2nd down also should not be overlooked.

Think how much more juice our defense would play with if the opposing QBs couldn’t easily audible on any down because of crowd noise. We are Georgia Tech....we can do this.

Animal02

Banned
Comical post to say the least......seriously clueless at worst.

So tell me where I stated that GT should be ranked in the top 25 for starters. I recently posted the aggregate final standings over the last 20 years........few teams consistently end up in the top 25. Not my expectation......a whole lot of others.
As for
As for the schedule.......Multiple upon multiple upon multiple posters have cried/whined/complained about the FCS game that is scheduled every year, despite giving Tech extra cash due to having a 7th game. These posters thumbed their noses at the revenue aspect and demanded that Tech play "big boy football" Wanting to schedule Auburn, Bama, etc. etc. Now these same posters are moving the goal posts saying we already have a tough schedule.
My point regarding the MBS games was that TS could have really made something out of playing there......by setting up marquee match ups and nixing the FCS game....revenue wise it would be a wash at worst, could have marketed the whole big boy football angle to appease all the whiner fans that have complained the last few years and not moved conference home games.

Seems that when these other posters now are back pedaling as fast as they can. Why am I not surprised?