GEORGIA TECH INJURY REPORT (CLEMSON)

PROBABLE

Zach Laskey (shoulder)

Charles Perkins (knee)

OUT

Shawn Green (leg)

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Sigh. Get healthy for UGA Green. We'll need you then more than ever. Gonna have to score early and often this Saturday.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Mr. Kallon, paging Mr. Kallon, your services are needed....

Something we're going to see a lot of 3-3-5 with Gamble-Gotsis-Freeman the DL lineup. With Clemson's spread offense, we probably would have played a lot of that anyhow.

Foxyg

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson's OL hasn't been great this year. Losing Green sucks for our defense of the running game because he eats most of the double teams. As far as our defense of the passing game is concerned, his absence isn't that huge a deal because we're going to have to send extra players to get pressure anyway.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Mr. Kallon will probably only play defense on Climpsum's half of the field. He just isn't ready for a bigger role right now IMHO.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I hope Green comes back for the UGA game and wish he was playing tomorrow. I think this will be good motivation for the defense to play for their injured Senior. Then more motivation for Green to play his last UGA game.

Clemson's OL hasn't been great this year. Losing Green sucks for our defense of the running game because he eats most of the double teams. As far as our defense of the passing game is concerned, his absence isn't that huge a deal because we're going to have to send extra players to get pressure anyway.
We weren't going to be relying on our DL anyway. Pressure and blitzes are going to be coming from all areas and at various angles. Are we better without Green, NO. But we were going to have to augement our line via scheme somehow anyway. Let the games begin!

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I expect a big factor in tomorrow's game is whether the Clemson QB and receivers can keep their focus when we send our pressure. The last few wins were made easier than they might have been because our pressure bothered the other teams' qb and receivers just enough.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I like our chances much better with Green in the lineup. Our best DT on a thin line. Glad we get a bye after this week. Some other guys have to man up vs Clemson.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Always better to have the 1st string playing.
We need folks making sure they play their assignments and not over pursuing.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Time for him to get mean and keep pads low, fighting with his hands, quickness and strength. He is big and strong enough not to get pushed around. Lets see it young man.
This. Kallon is a very athletic kid. There is so much bounce in his step for a guy that big. However, being an athlete is not enough. He simply HAS to get lower and drive into people while using his hands better. He needs to use that quickness to get angles while staying low. If he can get up under the pads of the guys he is going against, the sky is the limit for him. From what I saw in Raleigh, he is nowhere close as of right now. It is a shame too, but it is what it is. I am not sure when, or if, the light will go on for Sir Francis. As always, I am rooting for him real hard.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
This. Kallon is a very athletic kid. There is so much bounce in his step for a guy that big. However, being an athlete is not enough. He simply HAS to get lower and drive into people while using his hands better. He needs to use that quickness to get angles while staying low. If he can get up under the pads of the guys he is going against, the sky is the limit for him. From what I saw in Raleigh, he is nowhere close as of right now. It is a shame too, but it is what it is. I am not sure when, or if, the light will go on for Sir Francis. As always, I am rooting for him real hard.
I think he'll be a good one some day. He's still very young and probably about 2 years out. But he definitely isn't close right now and sadly technique doesn't just appear in a week.