OFFICIAL BDS unveil video

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
After seeing how awesome the field looks and then hearing the immediate moaning about one end zone, my eyes literally rolled out of my head, out my office door, down the hall, into the elevator, out to the parking lot, climbed into the truck and drove themselves home and went to bed

The reason we can't have nice things is because when we do, everyone bitches how it's not perfect exactly like they imagined. I think you boomers are the real snow flakes!

jokes aside, looks fantastic. I wasn't sure how I felt on turf but I'm a believer

B*tch A$s Ness

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
People who want to talk about primary colors forget the fact that most teams have two non-white primary colors and white as their secondary (white is the most common secondary color in FBS). We are unique where white is our primary. Many other “white as primary” teams have adopted their secondary as a pseudo-primary. I like some navy mixed in, it’s bold and adds more depth to the color pallet where white and gold are so light. Don’t get me wrong, I love some gold on white merchandise; just I also like the variations the navy has brought recently

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I agree that the field looks (in your words) crisp.

as you may or may not know, I teach HS now. The students use the word "dripping" to describe clothing or things that they like. So, in their vernacular, I think our new stadium update is um, like, really dripping you know? just keeping you (and others in our relative age group) current my friend. ;) Of course, I have also learned that by the time I know and hear a new slang term, it's probably 6 months or more out of date.

Deleted member 2897

People who want to talk about primary colors forget the fact that most teams have two non-white primary colors and white as their secondary (white is the most common secondary color in FBS). We are unique where white is our primary. Many other “white as primary” teams have adopted their secondary as a pseudo-primary. I like some navy mixed in, it’s bold and adds more depth to the color pallet where white and gold are so light. Don’t get me wrong, I love some gold on white merchandise; just I also like the variations the navy has brought recently

For example, Clemson’s is purple. Huh? Orange with Purple? IIWII.

Seems like our guys love it too - which is one of the more important pieces:

(oh, and for those with degrees from the 1800s :D, fye is Fire/Hot and fr is for real. Like no cap.)

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I mean.... I still think it is likely we see the same color on both endzones in a game week.. Just showing two options because we didn't have to repeat it. Could be proven wrong and I'll eat crow if needed when kick comes.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I certainly won't lose any sleep over this, because for the most part I like the field (although I have never liked artificial turf). But, I think if we were going with 2 end zone colors, one should have been white with gold letters and one gold with white letters, and use blue (if we have to) for the field trim. Again, that is my preference, but I won't lose any sleep over it, especially since blue must be Todd's favorite color.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
Love the navy look.
2AE374F7-3C43-4CF8-A3ED-A24B6551D037.jpeg

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
I certainly won't lose any sleep over this, because for the most part I like the field (although I have never liked artificial turf). But, I think if we were going with 2 end zone colors, one should have been white with gold letters and one gold with white letters, and use blue (if we have to) for the field trim. Again, that is my preference, but I won't lose any sleep over it, especially since blue must be Todd's favorite color.
And we will probably see that at some point this year.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Navy with gold accents is one of my all-time favorite uniform combinations.
Don’t want to derail the already controversial thread with more controversy.... but this is one of my favorite looks we’ve worn under adidas. Although, I’d prefer a white number and gold outline, or at least a white outline on the gold number, it still looks sharp. I like the white pants with the blue jersey much better than gold pants.

F20F0584-9EE7-4FA7-9035-C4B74A959BDC.jpeg

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck

This right here is exactly why I love that look. I was at a lot of home games (& the Citrus Bowl) that year.

I'm all for tradition - but even tradition needs to be shaken up a little bit every now and then. Still prefer the white and gold, but on occasion I like to see the navy.

That being said, I'm glad this is one look of many that we'll see on the field this year.