Offensive Transition at Nebraska (4-8) last year

LibertyTurns

Banned
One thing to remember also is that Paul voluntarily stepped down. I don’t think coaches will do that if they believe that they have a power house squad coming back next year.
That wasn’t it with CPJ. He lost his fight not totally lost it, but lost that inner deep type of stubborn fight that carried him his entire life & made him successful.

I know what it’s like. I just got fed up with the military & cashed it in because I lost the fire and drive to excel in the jobs they wanted me to take so I could promote. The extra effort that came effortlessly before started to become a struggle. I felt myself becoming as much the problem as I was the solution & I didn’t want to go out with my peers thinking I was becoming like old fish. It was time to go.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
That wasn’t it with CPJ. He lost his fight not totally lost it, but lost that inner deep type of stubborn fight that carried him his entire life & made him successful.

I know what it’s like. I just got fed up with the military & cashed it in because I lost the fire and drive to excel in the jobs they wanted me to take so I could promote. The extra effort that came effortlessly before started to become a struggle. I felt myself becoming as much the problem as I was the solution & I didn’t want to go out with my peers thinking I was becoming like old fish. It was time to go.
I bet u were a cutter in your prime.

Service lost a good soldier.

My company was full of old guys that the oil companies were done with. We added young guys to be mentored and do the paper work and then we billed the oil company triple. The old guys like ae s dad were great legacy leavers w the young guys.

We still have the white and gold. It will never fade away.

I bet u were a cutter in your prime.

Service lost a good soldier.

My company was full of old guys that the oil companies were done with. We added young guys to be mentored and do the paper work and then we billed the oil company triple. The old guys like ae s dad were great legacy leavers w the young guys.

We still have the white and gold. It will never fade away.
OMG I haven't heard that expression, Cutter since my stepfather died back in 1975. In fact you can't even find a definition for that. He would also refer to the family as a covey. He was a WW2@ Vet from Newnan. Served with Patton.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I thought this was a somewhat relative blurb from The Athletic this morning from the State of the Program article for Nebraska. It sounds a lot like the kind of culture that Geoff Collins is trying to instill at Georgia Tech:
Everyone wants to know what’s changed at Nebraska. What’s different about coach Scott Frost’s second team that has transformed it, after back-to-back four-win seasons for the first time in nearly 60 years, into a trendy pick to win the Big Ten West?

Defensive coordinator Erik Chinander hears all the suggestions about physicality and execution and scheme. He offers something else.

“They want to play for each other,” he said. “The ‘care factor’ is high right now — about each other and about the program. Scott does an unbelievable job. And I think what makes him the best is the culture piece of this whole thing.”

When Frost and Chinander arrived in Lincoln in December 2017 along with the rest of the staff after two seasons at UCF, Nebraska players largely stayed out of the football offices.

“It was like a ghost town,” Chinander said. “They didn’t come around here, period. And now I can’t chase them out. They’re in here watching film. I don’t always know if they’re watching the right things or what they’re watching. But I know they’re watching, and I know they’re together. I know they work out and organize their own stuff. They like football and they care about one another. That wasn’t the case when we first got here.”

The key to Nebraska’s improvement — and it has, no doubt, improved considerably during Frost’s 18 months in charge — involves those bonds that have formed. No longer, Chinander said, are the Huskers out on the field at practice to play for themselves. The transformation began last season after Game 5, when Nebraska lost by two touchdowns at home to Purdue.

Improvement showed as the Huskers played close in subsequent losses at Wisconsin and Northwestern, followed by four wins in the final six games. Tight November losses at Ohio State and Iowa bolstered confidence in the apparent turnaround.

But the real strides came away from the playing field.

“It’s safe to say a lot of maturing happened,” linebacker Mohamed Barry said. “Coach Frost’s vision is starting to take hold in this program.”

The article goes on to talk about how Nebraska also brought The Program in to help with establishing bonds and leadership in the program, same as Geoff Collins. Players at Nebraska are buying into the overall vision, building confidence, and are willing to put in the extra work to not just improve themselves but also the team as a whole.

GTFLETCH

Banned
This offensive look great for Tobias Oliver to run... I wonder if this is teh type of zone/option Coach Collins wants to use during the transistion... If so TO will be fun to watch!!!