Film Study OFF scheme vs. Temple

GTFLETCH

Banned
Not even close
Well we lose to a FCS and lose to a FBS who is middle of the pack G5 program.... Our staff had a whole offseason to come up with a scheme say like Wyoming who runs first and throws very few... If Wyoming can beat Mizzou but we can't beat a FCS... It is Coaching...bottomline.... CGC should be able to win at least 6 games with the talent he has on the roster. Georgia Tech has more talent than Wyoming.... However we have ****ty Coaching and Wyoming is coached up... FACTS!!!!!

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Well we lose to a FCS and lose to a FBS who is middle of the pack G5 program.... Our staff had a whole offseason to come up with a scheme say like Wyoming who runs first and throws very few... If Wyoming can beat Mizzou but we can't beat a FCS... It is Coaching...bottomline.... CGC should be able to win at least 6 games with the talent he has on the roster. Georgia Tech has more talent than Wyoming.... However we have ****ty Coaching and Wyoming is coached up... FACTS!!!!!

We have smart guys but they are not robots. Some of you guys are highly underestimating what playing vs a real live opponent instead do mental reps or watching film.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
This is a board based on content and making the fan base more knowledgeable, so i will try my best to keep it just about that

Biggest gripe has been playing to our strength, not doing enough of a certain play and not have a gameplan. That couldn’t be the furthest from truth. Here

giphy.gif

Here we have the Triple. One, i think this shouldve been ran to the boundary bc of the numbers, but look at Quinney and the Center Cooper. Quinney muddles it up who the read key is and Cooper absolute whiffed on the MLB leading Oliver get crushed

We tried screens to get behind the pass rush but no one is biting
giphy.gif

We are close to big gains. Here is a RB trap play.
Quinney pass sets to get the DE upfield and the DT is unblocked. Unfortunately, Temple appears to be running a stunt and messing the blocking assignment up. If the guard blocks the DE instead of the DT this is 10+yd run

giphy.gif

Coach P gameplan was to get Oliver comfortable and attack single Cov 3 and Cov 1 with verticals and PRO-STYLE CONCEPTS such as Levels and Flood

Back to playing to your strength, we know the OL is not where it needs to be, but we have to be able throw to be effective. We moved the pocket a lot with rollouts and bootlegs.

Here is a Flood concept with Tobias

giphy.gif

Great way to slow the flow LB down get your QB out the pocket. Oliver delivers a strike unfortunately, it was dropped

Here the drags you guys asked for. Oliver probably should’ve shot it to flats quick
giphy.gif

Here is a pro style mesh concept with the drags and a post deep

giphy.gif

A big Cov 3 killer are comebacks, verticals and deep out

giphy.gif

The comebacks worked great and Coach P set it up with this next play: out n up. Sanders should’ve ran thru the ball imo

giphy.gif

It’s not much, but these gifs show we indeed had a game plan and was effective. We have to capitalize and execute at high level of want to win any more games this year
You better chill with this, it’s not like you played at this level and know more than everyone else on here.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck

I don’t think any reputable sports writer or analyst made a 6 win GT season prediction this year, so where does that assumption come from?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We have smart guys but they are not robots. Some of you guys are highly underestimating what playing vs a real live opponent instead do mental reps or watching film.

That’s certainly true. And is what practice can be used for. But if we aren’t going live in practice during the season now....with these results...shouldn’t we be doing that?

(Caveat....I seem to recall someone say CPJ went with tough live practices during the season whereas no one else in P5 really did. If that’s not the case just disregard....except for the part about practice reps should help with these struggles.)

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
This is very accurate. I had a coach in college that was all about "mental reps." I. could. not. stand. it. You have to be in game, or near game-like, situations to develop the necessary muscle memory to perform well.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m curious: do you think that rotating the quarterbacks and the packages of plays is making it harder for the O-line to get into a rhythm and get comfortable? Since each QB has his own personal quirks (like whether he steps up in the pocket or tries to run), I could see that adding to the confusion while trying to learn a new scheme.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Hell, we’ve struggled to run the option the last 2yrs
Actually I was thinking that earlier. Probably more like the last 3-4. 2014 feels like the last time we ran it well. And before that probably 2011. 2016 was lots of dives to Dedrick and Justin making stuff happen.

Pretty amazing that as bad as it looked at times we were able to move the ball as well as we did.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I’m curious: do you think that rotating the quarterbacks and the packages of plays is making it harder for the O-line to get into a rhythm and get comfortable? Since each QB has his own personal quirks (like whether he steps up in the pocket or tries to run), I could see that adding to the confusion while trying to learn a new scheme.

Absolutely. Never been a fan of having too many voices in the huddle.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely. Never been a fan of having too many voices in the huddle.

I think that is probably a large part of my confusion with what they are trying to do on offense. Just based on feelings (I don't have a list of plays or series to back this up), it looks like the offense doesn't know what it is doing. Then when the offense gets into somewhat of a rhythm the playcalling is changed up and they look confused again.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This is very accurate. I had a coach in college that was all about "mental reps." I. could. not. stand. it. You have to be in game, or near game-like, situations to develop the necessary muscle memory to perform well.

Still curious how CGC runs practice. Are they live @Ibeeballin or are we using that time to do a lot of “mental repping” with walkthrough type practices?

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Still curious how CGC runs practice. Are they live @Ibeeballin or are we using that time to do a lot of “mental repping” with walkthrough type practices?
I'm sure there are live looks in practice. My assertion didn't have anything to do with Collins.

I think our larger problem now is the changing of the QBs. I've always felt that games have a sense of fluidity. Stopping and starting is never easy, which is true across most sports. By pulling QBs, you ensure that they don't find a rhythm, and it may be affecting the other players.

Probably too detailed, but individual QBs have different cadences. Something that minute can impact rythm and disrupt timing. Of course, I've played with guys who would likely disagree with that assessment.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm sure there are live looks in practice. My assertion didn't have anything to do with Collins.

I think our larger problem now is the changing of the QBs. I've always felt that games have a sense of fluidity. Stopping and starting is never easy, which is true across most sports. By pulling QBs, you ensure that they don't find a rhythm, and it may be affecting the other players.

Probably too detailed, but individual QBs have different cadences. Something that minute can impact rythm and disrupt timing. Of course, I've played with guys who would likely disagree with that assessment.

I was okay with the QB rotation vs Temple. Both QBs had a chance to settle in during drives and neither has won the job outright yet.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
Now that I can agree with. He needs to stick with a qb and let them develop. I can see spot plays every now and then but all the pulling in and out has to stop.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Why are people interested in seeing LJ back at QB. He’s pretty far behind the other 2 in terms of performance. It’s not even close. Why would P’nut pick our 3rd best option to start/ get the most snaps?
Huh? I don't see anyone calling for LJ to start or play, but he played when he was healthy. He didn't play last week, but he wasn't dressed due to an injury. I'm just pointing out that last week is not indicative of whether the QB carousel will stop since LJ was injured. As I just said, we'll see this week, if LJ is healthy.