Ode to a former forum

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
Very informative forum, due to a few members, but the Head Honcho got on my nerves with his constant bashing of the GT coaches. Hopefully those few forum members will continue to migrate to this site. (y)

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if some of those X & O post were archived. Jim made it very clear his disdain for Paul Johnson, I often found him humorous. He never waivered in pushing his agenda. He didn't care much for this board either, strangely.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if some of those X & O post were archived. Jim made it very clear his disdain for Paul Johnson, I often found him humorous. He never waivered in pushing his agenda. He didn't care much for this board either, strangely.
Understatement of the year. He threatened to ban anyone linking to this site. That says it all, right there.

AnotherBee

Georgia Tech Fan
There was some great discussions over there on the technical aspects of option football generally and CPJ's version specifically by some very informed folks. This was especially true when the board first started right after the "Meet the Machine" radio show / podcast stopped. Some very informative X's and O's as well as some carefully collected YouTube videos. This was really like Option 101 for me and taught me a lot about how the offense operates (or is supposed to operate). As time went by, more and more of the informed members went elsewhere. Hopefully, we can find them on GT Swarm.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
There was some great discussions over there on the technical aspects of option football generally and CPJ's version specifically by some very informed folks. This was especially true when the board first started right after the "Meet the Machine" radio show / podcast stopped. Some very informative X's and O's as well as some carefully collected YouTube videos. This was really like Option 101 for me and taught me a lot about how the offense operates (or is supposed to operate). As time went by, more and more of the informed members went elsewhere. Hopefully, we can find them on GT Swarm.
That was mostly two guys, stylee and steebu. Both got tired of the bs and left for other boards. Like I said, that board was it's own worst enemy, it ran off all it's best posters. I was coming here long before it went kapoot.

AnotherBee

Georgia Tech Fan
That was mostly two guys, stylee and steebu. Both got tired of the bs and left for other boards. Like I said, that board was it's own worst enemy, it ran off all it's best posters. I was coming here long before it went kapoot.
Crazy. I'm glad you told me about this place.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Why is everybody talking about GTSportstalk in the past tense? Did something happen after I left?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Yes, when you to the site, you get a string of error codes.....been like that for two weeks
ancient-aliens-guy-im-not-saying-its-aliens-but-its-aliens.jpg

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The board couldn't take it when you left. Implosion.
HaHa. Yeah right. Sounds like a temporary thing to me. I remember a few other times when they had problems and the site crashed for a few days. I'd be surprised if they were done.

Animal02

Banned
HaHa. Yeah right. Sounds like a temporary thing to me. I remember a few other times when they had problems and the site crashed for a few days. I'd be surprised if they were done.

Two weeks is a long time.....you would think it would be simple to put up a temporary notice. In the mean time, I am finding the atmosphere here refreshing......not to mention being able to see your game reviews Boomer.