OC Chip Long Press Conference

seanfloyd18

Georgia Tech Fan
If ever all the stars were aligned this would be the year. If the defense can get a couple extra stops a game, if the offense can score an extra touchdown each game, if we can cut down on mistakes and play calling confusion, then the Coastal is there for the taking. The team that wins the Coastal will be the team that doesn’t beat itself. Tech will actually have more stability than most of the other teams. All of you who have been predicting that Tech will suddenly put it all together, this is the year.
I could be very wrong but as far as penalties go (one big example of hurting yourself), I was very impressed with the steps forward the team took. IIRC, 2019 & 2020 we were one of the worst penalized teams in the nation, but at the start of this season I definitely remember being pleasantly surprised by the lack of penalties.

Although I guess DB’s blowing their coverage would also correlate to less pass interference 🥴

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I could be very wrong but as far as penalties go (one big example of hurting yourself), I was very impressed with the steps forward the team took. IIRC, 2019 & 2020 we were one of the worst penalized teams in the nation, but at the start of this season I definitely remember being pleasantly surprised by the lack of penalties.

Although I guess DB’s blowing their coverage would also correlate to less pass interference 🥴
We definitely made up for lack of penalties later in the season… and I believe it was the other way around. 2019 we were one of the least penalized teams.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Most exciting part of it all for me is with this personnel it’s common having one of the TE pass blocking instead of the RB. When you force your RB to pass block you take away RPO and RB being a receiver. Personally I only like RB pass blocking on shot plays, your quick game should be lots of RPO and Playaction and the RB should be used as more then a blocker.

JacketFan137

Banned
If ever all the stars were aligned this would be the year. If the defense can get a couple extra stops a game, if the offense can score an extra touchdown each game, if we can cut down on mistakes and play calling confusion, then the Coastal is there for the taking. The team that wins the Coastal will be the team that doesn’t beat itself. Tech will actually have more stability than most of the other teams. All of you who have been predicting that Tech will suddenly put it all together, this is the year.
even going back to paul johnson era i always thought our defenses have been too conservative. In paul's era a turnover was a backbreaker cause that was more time for us to kill and suffocate a team. for some reason though we never blitzed and played our DBs 12 yards off the line lol

now this past season our defense was so bad and giving up so many yards and scores anyway we should have just started blitzing all the time to try to create a turnover because one turnover would have made up for all the constant scoring. we had no interceptions to speak of

hope we are aggressive and can actually generate some turnovers

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
especially with all the coaching and qb changes. teams are gonna be beatable
I fear the Clemson game this coming year...
For all the static they took last year their defense was #2 in the country behind Ga. I sense they want to make a point this coming season and set the fields afire...We should not hinge our seasons forecast on that tough nut of a game.

JacketFan137

Banned
I fear the Clemson game this coming year...
For all the static they took last year their defense was #2 in the country behind Ga. I sense they want to make a point this coming season and set the fields afire...We should not hinge our seasons forecast on that tough nut of a game.
clemson will look a lot different. they played horrendous against us last year and by the end of the season it seemed like they got things going. if we’re competitive with them that will probably be a good sign.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
clemson will look a lot different. they played horrendous against us last year and by the end of the season it seemed like they got things going. if we’re competitive with them that will probably be a good sign.
Both Clemson and UNC started our game by trying to run utm. Clem had a qb that doesnt see field so they tried to bully us. Unc did not have the great receivers they had the previous year so they had to really sell run first.
Clemson finished w 10 wins so the qb must have improved. He will likely be pushed by the incoming 5 star freshmen qb, cade Klubnik . Only 6'2 ish but reads the d, is accurate, and has strong arm . He has enrolled early.
I hope we help create a clemson qb change .