OC and DC replacement thoughts!!

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
So where do we stand in this search? Have they identified and perhaps gotten a verbal
Agreement but aren’t able to announce it yet because the vacancies are being filled by coaches that are on staff for programs who are participating in bowl games? Or have we run into a dead end and the candidates on our short list declined and we’re reshuffling the deck or extending the short list to be a little longer?

Papa Foxtrot

Jolly Good Fellow
So where do we stand in this search? Have they identified and perhaps gotten a verbal
Agreement but aren’t able to announce it yet because the vacancies are being filled by coaches that are on staff for programs who are participating in bowl games? Or have we run into a dead end and the candidates on our short list declined and we’re reshuffling the deck or extending the short list to be a little longer?
If the search is being done correctly, there's absolutely no way to answer your question. Secrecy is vital. If it's not being done correctly, the dumpster fire is worse than thought...

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
There are a lot of assistants looking for their next job. Must be crazy trying to decide who are best available.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
There are a lot of assistants looking for their next job. Must be crazy trying to decide who are best available.
Many of these assistants may not know if they’re being selected to follow their old HC or perhaps fielding interest from multiple colleges at the same time. Plus the whole balancing act here of hiring a up and comer vs paying more for a more proven coach that would have the potential to move up if things don’t work out with Collins. Very interesting. Not to mention the pressure of your current committed recruits being poached by other schools by using the whol “dead man walking” or “who is GT OC or DC?” You sure you want to walk into so many “unknowns” as a “elite” recruit?

Jmonty71

Banned
Like I said before. Not only does this come down who best available. If comes down down to who will want to work with Collins. The coordinators will be putting their careers on the line... So, we may not get remotely what we want or think we should get.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Like I said before. Not only does this come down who best available. If comes down down to who will want to work with Collins. The coordinators will be putting their careers on the line... So, we may not get remotely what we want or think we should get.
They could also be setting themselves up to quickly become the new HC, too.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I am trying to turn over a new leaf. I am assuming he is going through a serious mental *** kicking and life learning lessons. The old version of CGC, I 100% agree with you. BUT is he learning anything right now. If we bring in 2 quality assistants then I will be a fan next year and try to forget all the massive damage his arrogance has caused to this program. His recruitiing skills could quickly pull us out of this hole with good coaches and him stepping out of the way a little more. Will he learn his lessons? Giving him the benefit of the doubt. At least until I see who he/TStan makes him hire
Some of us kept hoping he was Dabo Swinney, good PR, love the players, recruit like hell, and let an excellent staff do the heavy lifting for the actual games. Maybe it could still happen…..?

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Some of us kept hoping he was Dabo Swinney, good PR, love the players, recruit like hell, and let an excellent staff do the heavy lifting for the actual games. Maybe it could still happen…..?
Do you think it made a difference that Clemson's budget for coordinators was around $4 million (before Elliott went to S.Florida) while ours has been less than $1 million? Maybe you'd like to donate the short fall.

jacketz212

Jolly Good Fellow
I love the idea of Kittley and the air raid offense, I feel like it being an exciting offense and putting up points would help bring back fan support fill up more seats. Even if we're still losing a couple games here an there, as long as we can continuously put up 30-35+ points a game I think it would show a lot of upside, hope and progress, compared to 17-24 points a game..

But I saw where Texas Tech is looking for an offensive coordinator and that is Kittley's alma mater...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sure, I get that. Same old Tech problem but CGC’s current role isn’t working.

I'm not in the fire 'im crowd, but I have to think if money were no object we'd have hired a different HC in the first place.

So in acknowledging money is a 'thing' in our coordinator hunt, one must also come to the realization that, for better or worse, we need to root like heyul for CGC to succeed (in spite of himself).